New guy on board

Klumpe

Just saying hello. Erik told me to check out this site, so I am.

A little about myself, I am a self confessed car nut. Although if it has wheels and moves on its own, I'll probably dig it. I really enjoy going fast, pretty much the story of my life.

I just recently, I say recently but it was actually in March, purchased my grandad's tractor along with some of his farm equipment. Here is the list of what my Dad and I bought:

IHC 806 D tractor - 2pt Fast Hitch (its actually a 3 point, just missing the top link), wide front
JD 494 A Planter 4 row
IHC 4 Row Cultivator
IHC 37 Disc
10 Ft 2 pt. Springtooth
IHC 10 Shank Chisel
2 pt Posthole digger
JD 7ft Sickle Mower
3 bottom 2 pt Plow
8 ft Wagon w/ steel floor
and Misc equipment.

As you can see we easily purchased a large amount of my grandad's equipment, I just wish that my grandma would have asked me if I wanted any of it before she decided to sell it. At least this way she cannot have a say in how and when the equipment is used. Why she put all of the equipment up for sale is because of two reasons: (1) my grandad past away almost two years ago from a short battle with cancer, (2) she befriended the only farmer in the area that is a crook whom is afraid of competition from her family. That is about the nicest way I can put it.

The plan with the tractor and equipment is to fix it up and put a new coat of paint on them.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or tell me what year my tractor is, I would greatly be appreciative. The serial number is 29590 S-Y.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Klumpe. :thumb:
Much like you I used to strive to go fast. As I'm growing older I appreciate slow. I go slow on my ATV's, on my tractor, and on my houseboat. All slow moving and that is fine with me. You see different stuff. Appreciate more o fnature etc. We all go through our phases. It reminds me of the saying slow down and smell the roses.
I hope you'll post pics of all your equipment ...and if you have the urge head on over to Net Car Talk and tell us about your FAST stuff. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Klumpe. :thumb:
Much like you I used to strive to go fast. As I'm growing older I appreciate slow. I go slow on my ATV's, on my tractor, and on my houseboat. All slow moving and that is fine with me. You see different stuff. Appreciate more of nature etc. We all go through our phases. It reminds me of the saying slow down and smell the roses.
I hope you'll post pics of all your equipment ...and if you have the urge head on over to Net Car Stop http://www.netcarstop.com and tell us about your FAST stuff. :D
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Klumpe. :wave:

You picked up a whole farm load of equipment in one fair swoop. Hope you enjoy it. Stay long and post often.

Klumpe

Thanks for the welcome, I plan on uploading some pictures soon. Don't get me wrong I like to just sit and enjoy nature, but I like speed as well.

Erik, I lurked on the site for a while and finally last night decided to join.

Doc, as far as fast stuff that I have sadly they do not move yet. I have a smokey and the bandit style Trans Am that is getting a full restoration with some choice upgrades. The retirement project is going to be a rat rodded '51 Dodge business coupe.