New RTV 900 XT owner

Dilligas

Just got my new RTV last night, as you can see my 6 yr old has already decided who it belongs to.

Attachments

• DSCF1271s.jpg
    DSCF1271s.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF1272s.jpg
    DSCF1272s.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 246

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Dilligas, what a nice looking young man on that fine looking RTV! I hope you enjoy yours as I have mine. I got my RTV 900 xt in July. Now as others warned me, is the time to begin adding accessories. Probably the most important accessories include:

Hi-rise air intake
Canopy
Bedliner
Tommy's Stick Stoppers

Welcome to the forum. The support that the forum members provide is priceless. These folks really have the experience to help with lots of questions and are kind and willing.

Dilligas

Thanks for the welcome. My dealer ordered a camo roof for it, should be in this week. Next thing is a windshield, I think I will fabricate my own out of Lexan. It will mainly be used for hunting here in South Carolina and general work duty. After driving a few others this thing is a beast compared to them.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new RTV. Cute kid. You're OK if he's claimed it. It's the Mrs. you need to watch out for. Wives are a lot harder to kick out of the drivers seat.

I think I will fabricate my own out of Lexan.
That's exactly what I did, but.... the price of Lexan (the type you would want to use for a windshield) has gone through the roof. In the past couple years, other members that have considered making one found that it's darn near the same price as buying an OEM windshield.

I just did a quick look for Lexan MR10
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23753

Figuring you'll need a 48x48" piece, it costs $350-700 for a single piece (depending on thickness).

Heatwave

Welcome aboard, Mate. You now own the most trouble-free item you'll ever own in one lifetime. Congratulations.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
nice machine but from the look on the kids face i don't think your the owner you might be paying the note or have paid cash for it but his face says it's his.lol if your nice to him he might let you drive it now and then though.welcome to the forum

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. Nice machine. Good pics. Fine looking young man you got there. :thumb: How lucky he is to get to grow up with a RTV in the household.
Welcome to our RTV internet forums. :thumb: :D

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I searched on ebay and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150686621235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Seems like a decent price if the quality is good, any thoughts?

I have no experience with it but the feedback on it seems pretty positive.

It doesn't elaborate on which Lexan product is used. My guess is that it's straight polycarbonate which is impact resistant but not necessarily scratch resistant and it may be subject to yellowing over time. The MR10 that I referred to is both scratch and yellowing resistant. My homemade Lexan MR10 windshield is 6+ years old and pretty much looks like new. There is one small scratch on the side/edge but I'm pretty sure that impact would have broken a glass windshield so I'm OK with it. I have no yellowing.

Read the feedback and watch for considerations. E.g. Aluminum supporting along the edges would be a help. Also exercise care if you trailer your RTV. It wouldn't be good if your headwind would rip it off.

Congratulations! I took delivery of mine about a month ago and despite fighting a hellacious cold, I've been putting on mirrors, and liberally applying the Fluid Film as recommended by the other members here on the site. These are some great folks. They helped me at every stage and have no doubt that should I have any questions someone either knows the answer or will endeavor to get one! Welcome to the Forum!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
www.fluid-film.com then click on the "Fluid Film Applications" section in the middle of the page.

It has about a million uses. Mainly used for a corrosion preventative and lubricant. I started using it a few years ago and haven't touched PB Blaster or WD-40 since (as they're both inferior IMHO).

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
dilligas,
Happy your on with us. A very WELCOME to you !!!!

You just might want to think about some front mud flaps. Sure helps on keeping mud
out from under the unit.

Super Looking Machine !!!!!

Will Serve You Well >>>>>>>

............ two guns

Attachments

• bABY GATOR.jpg
    bABY GATOR.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 170
:14_6_12: Shoot the Fluid Film EVERYWHERE except maybe on the seat, steering wheel, and pedals!!! (Not so hot on a windshield either) ... just kidding! I sprayed it on any metal part I thought had the slightest potential to rust. Even sprayed it on the engine and tranny. I figured if I ever have to lay a hand on any of those bolts atleast they won't be rusted. I even hit the bolts on the canopy as well as the battery terminals! The only downside is the smell ... Kind of like A&D ointment but if it prevents rust, That's my new favorite odor! :myopinion:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What Two Guns said.. The front flaps are worth every penny by keeping the underside much cleaner!!. I am hoping to get some fluid film this month- it sounds great too bordercollie

Last edited: