Orange and Gray Paint Codes and where???

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Am doing some detailing on the RTV. Used 2 bottles of Armorall yesterday on the plastic. Yes I use fluid film on everything bare metal and the electrical connections. Before I go out and buy different colors trying to match the original orange and primer/gray, am wondering if anyone has tried and had good luck with finding some???..........Are any of the TSC paints a match?.......Does one HAVE to go with the high dollar Kubota ones?

I guess a person could just take off the whole brush guard instead of spot primer/paint; but really hate to go through all of that............Wonder if some of the spray on bed liner at Auto Zone and such are good for the BOTTOM of the bed.......???????????.....Do they LAST and LAST???????

Anyway.......thoughts???............God bless........Dennis

Last edited:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Don't know about anywhere else in the U.S.
But the "Kubota" paint, purchased at the Kubota dealership,in spray cans was junk around here.

......... two guns

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Our TSC has spray enamel labeled Kubota Orange. I think they may also have it in quarts.

Bay City, Mi

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think that I remember TSC having two different oranges from some past post........wondering which?????....l........Also the same on the gray......lol...figures on the Kubota stuff being junk AND high dollar.......THANKS though guys............God bless.........Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
THANKs Jamie and Tommy.........Got the messages....Am just planning on using lacquer in my spray can type gun.......ollllld style stuff.....Not gonna be painting till next Wed or Thur anyway as the storms are coming through and I gotta spend the day with VA docs Monday and Tues.......YES.....something seems to be going on with this website as it is sometimes VERRRRRRRY slow in coming up or changing pages.....GOD BLESS>>>>>>>>>>>Dennis

Kanook

Just my 2 cents....A few years ago I bought a Blizzard snow blade for my 900. It was in rough shape and needed a bit of torch heating to get it more or less back into shape. I then had it sand blasted and epoxy primer coated. When I got it back I finished it with a litre (guart) can of orange from Kubota. Applied it with a brush on a hot day (by our northern standards) and it left few if any visable brush marks and stuck like glue...After 4 or 5 years of use the blade still has not needed a touch up on the surfaces painted orange. The 'rattle can' stuff is a different story. Don't know if K Canada sources its paint from a different supplier than K USA.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Dad bought some orange paint in quarts from TSC. I don't recall whether it was Kubota or Kioti but basically, it's the same mfgr. He painted his implements (box blade, scraper blade, boom...). Well, his implements are stored outside. A few years later and with some sun fading, all his implements are now pink.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My Dad bought some orange paint in quarts from TSC. I don't recall whether it was Kubota or Kioti but basically, it's the same mfgr. He painted his implements (box blade, scraper blade, boom...). Well, his implements are stored outside. A few years later and with some sun fading, all his implements are now pink.

Thanks Zoom. that is good to know! I sure don't want any thing I painted to turn color when it is even stored inside! collie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I read some time ago. Where the Wright Brothers used Valspar paint on their airplanes. I knew that Valspar is a old paint company. But kinda got my attention.
And, I last time I checked, Tractor Supply sells Valspar paints.

Good equipment paint. Hard finish. We have had good results !!!

....... two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
A few years later and with some sun fading, all his implements are now pink.

With All Respect !!!!

Tell folks your father supports Breast Cancer Awarness !!!

Pink is not bad !!!!

Many of us down here wear "Pink" in support !!!!
Some has painted their Wreckers, Work Trucks, Motorcycles, and equipment.

On Breast Cancer Awarness Week. We have a "Ride" with the bikes in support
of the Awarness. We all wear pink !!!! YES, Even TWO GUNS !!!!
Raise Money and Get the Word Out !!

........ jamie

Attachments

• Breast Cancer Bike.gif
    Breast Cancer Bike.gif
    42 KB · Views: 95