POP UP

Is it just my computer or does this damned Fertilizer Pop Up take over everyones computer on the Net Tractor Talk Site.

I gave my computer over to Geeks Online the other day and they had it fixed after a few house but now it is back. I am really tired of this Bull____!

ovrszd

I get a popup 90% of the time when moving around on this website. Since I'm new I just tolerate it. I guess if enough mbers complain something will be resolved.

So post me in the complain line.... :(

Nevadablue

I'm running on an iPad with a browser that blocks popups. I guess that's why I don't see them. The browser is called iCab Mobile. An odd name, but overall I like it.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bud.....I really don't know what you are talking about but.....I BELIEVE YOU....

There is definitely something wrong with your settings and IT IS NOT THE SITE. A lot of these outfits that do this sell the software or such that allows this stuff to "bully" it's way into your system.

That said, I am no expert. I did have this problem on my desktop PC running IE 8 on XP.....I really do not know your level to understand even that.
But. What I did was download and switch over to Mazilla Firefox or the like.....Go to google or yahoo, find it, and download it. Go to their site NOT some service.

Using Mazilla instead of Internet Explorer made a huge difference but then I used one of their "ad ons" called adaware or something like that and it totally....TOTALLY...got rid of "pop ups"..........

OK....that was on my PC and laptops that are so old and ancient that the cobwebs are growing by the day inside their hard drives and yes the best OS I can run is XP..;. I think a lot of us here are in that shape.

NOW I got one of these fancy dancy Microsoft surface pro 3's ......a really good little tablet that is 3/8" X 8" X 12". That includes the fold out keyboard and on and on.....It uses Microsoft 10 and some kind of new browser called edge......lol...yes, I use it almost exclusively and am totally afraid to send my stuff to save into one of their "clouds" where who knows what all or where it goes.....

Anyway, on and on,.....something about your unit's settings is allowing them in there and I found that Mazilla took care of it.......

PLEASE DO FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE....perhaps knowing what kind of unit and such will tell us more to be able to help you....God bless....Dennis

ovrszd

I'm on Mozilla Windows 7 Professional and I get them almost constantly.

I do not get them on any other website.

shinnery

I am on a standard PC running Win7 Pro and use Google Chrome for a brouser, my PC expert put Adblock on it and I seldom to never get popups any more. My biggest complaint is that on one of my secondary emails Yahoo) It leaves the right 2-3 inches of my screen blank. The text pages actually fold back and I have to go to the bottom of the screen and arrow over to read stuff while there is several inches of blank screen there. But I get very few adds.
Bryce

Cajunrotor

Site Supporter
Hmmm..........I'm running Windows 7 and Chrome for my browser w/o the added Ad blocker, and the only thing I'm seeing are the banners at the top of the page for Messicks, Case, etc.

ovrszd

Hmmm..........I'm running Windows 7 and Chrome for my browser w/o the added Ad blocker, and the only thing I'm seeing are the banners at the top of the page for Messicks, Case, etc.

Yeah, the disparity in results is what's confusing to me as well. And like I mentioned earlier, I never get pop ups on any other website.

Last year on TBN website there was a discussion about pop ups and I had to ask what they were? I had never saw one. Now here I am getting them regularly on this site.

It's almost as if the website communicates with each user differently.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter

I'm using Win-10 with the Chrome browser and ad-blocker, on my desktop, and only see the same ads as CR. I also have a Chromebook that I use for the majority of my web surfing and no popups of any kind with either..

As an aside, I purchased this Chromebook last month from Best Buy for $249 on sale. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-15...hite/4262900.p?id=1219730564516&skuId=4262900

Very satisfied with the purchase. I've seen them as low as $199 on Ebay.

This one has the newer Celeron processer and it's really a nice way to surf the net.

Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Anyone seeing the pop ups I would advise downloading the free Ad block software and let it do the work for you.
I run Fire fox, win 10 no ad block and have yet to see one pop up. On one of my other sites if I pull the mouse over the ad at the top I will see a pop up of that one ad. So I try not to pull the mouse that way.
Other than that I am at a loss. More than one of you see the pop up but the majoity of members do not. Very confusing. If it is something I can fix I will, but at this poiint I know of nothing I can do to fix the issue since I don't completely understand why some get it and others do not.

ovrszd

Anyone seeing the pop ups I would advise downloading the free Ad block software and let it do the work for you.
I run Fire fox, win 10 no ad block and have yet to see one pop up. On one of my other sites if I pull the mouse over the ad at the top I will see a pop up of that one ad. So I try not to pull the mouse that way.
Other than that I am at a loss. More than one of you see the pop up but the majoity of members do not. Very confusing. If it is something I can fix I will, but at this poiint I know of nothing I can do to fix the issue since I don't completely understand why some get it and others do not.

Yep, very frustrating. I'll load the Ad block.

For the past week or so my pop up is Syngenta chemical ad. Comes up every single time I change screens. Weird huh. No other website does it. Go figure....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Besides Ad Block, may I suggest you install and run Malwarebytes and CCleaner.
You may have picked up something that just need removed/uninstalled.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I run those also BC and that might be why I don't see the pop up. Both have free versions and paid versions. Free woks good but I liked it so I went for the paid version.

Pop Up

Like oversized said. The Pop Up on my Computer is the Sygenta one. Everytime the page changes it takes the whole page over.

AL

We upgraded to Windows 10 and even had Geeks Online, one of those outfits that cleans up your computer and does away with any viruses and so forth and remove cookies and unwanted material , they worked us over. Speeded everything up but didn't get rid of this thing. Only for one hour and then it was back.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you install/run AdBlockPlus, MalwareBytes and CCleaner?

Between the 3 of those, I don't get anything. :)