Price for Used JD L118 ?

JD118

Trying to ascertain a fair asking price for my JD L118. Purchased in 2004 for $1999 - has 170 hours on it. Parked indoors and is exceptionally clean. Serviced at the end of every season.
Any thoughts - as dealer would like to buy from me.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I did a search and found a 2005 at a dealers w/ 110 hours on it for 800 (average condition)
http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&Manu=JOHN+DEERE&Mdltxt=L118&mdlx=exact

If that is close then I suspect your dealer will be offering 5 or 6 hundred (which seems way low to me). I suspect you should be able to get 7 or 8 hundred out of it easy ...maybe even 1000 if you are not in a hurry to sell it.

My daughter and SIL were just asking me about a used mower as they are trying to move from a condo to a farm house where they will be mowing a few acres. Are you somewhere close to Cols Ohio? If so they might be very interested (if the farm house comes through).

JD118

Price for Used JD L118

thanks for the helpful information

I live in Oregon - so if I got on the mower and left today, I could be in Ohio by next week - unless the traffic is unusually heavy ----- ha!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, that would be quite the drive. Okay, we'll pay for your gas. See ya next week. :yum: :yum:
Seriously, good luck working out a deal with your dealer.
Are you trading up to something bigger?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Dealer has to make some profit, so he'll low ball you. You'll usually get a better deal if sold yourself, if you want the hassle. Sometimes their trade in price is worth it in the long run to just get the deal done. That is if you're upgrading.

JD118

Price for Used JD L118

I bought a new x300 as I needed something that could bag. Dealer had mentioned they were intersted in buying my L118 when I bought the new mower. Called them back today and they were not interested in buying till next spring now - said $700 is what they might pay. Think I will try my own ad now and then in the spring if nothing happens.

thanks to everyone for all of your help on this !!!

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
When I went looking for a mower for my daughter, it was probably about April. I could find very few used units at that time, I wound up buying her a 14 year oold LX176 14 hp 38 inch for $650. the dealer would not budge on the price, and had four more prospects lined up for it behind me! I would hold on until spring, then get a good price selling it yourself when used units are in high demand and shorter supply. Good luck!

Fred

JD118

Price for Used JD118

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help. Dealer offered $700. I put it in the paper for $950 and it sold right away !! Might have squeezed a little more out of it if I wanted to wait till Spring - but now I don't have to store it over the winter.