RTV 1100 spark arrestor

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
RTV 1100 spark arrestor

After a conversation with a RTV 1100 owner, he said his machine didn't come with a spark arrestor,>>>> And by looking at the tailpipe, he don't have one ... We'll, Just found out from another source, that the 1100 series units, spark arrestor is set inside the muffler. All together different that the RTV 900's.The 900's area cap on the END of the tailpipe.One said that his didn't have a spark arrestor, and sent me a picture, and by going from what one looks like on the RTV, it didn't. But done some research, and asked a few 1100 owners, they said you have to remove the tailpipe held by two screws ( bolts ? )<FONT color=#ffa500><FONT color=#ff0000> From the source</FONT>, </FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>Quote::::"I had a spark arrestor on my machine. Removed and</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000> placed in trash w/i 15 minutes of ownership. Was inside the muffler.Thats exactly what he needs to do. The spark arrestor is attached right to the tailpipe. He will need to cut it off once he removes the tailpipe."</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000> </FONT><FONT color=#0000ff>So some of the owners who think they don't have one, might take a better look, they are in there !!!! </FONT></P>

Re: RTV 1100 spark arrestor

TWO GUNS, </p>

I found this thread on spark arrestors for model 1100. Sounds like it also applies to new model 900s as well. Can someone out there that has removed the spark arrestor give us some feedback on the removal process. I would like to know if you have to cut if off or what has to be done. Pictures would be nice. Both my Dad and myself have newer model 900s and I want to remove the spark arrestor on both of the units. Thanks.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true">Attached is a picture of a spark arrestor removed, If I'm not mistaken, the mesh has to be cut off, simple job !!!!</P>

kas1263

If that is the spark arrestor what is the gray plastic/rubber thing on the end of the tail pipe?
</p>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">Man that's a nasty looking picture! They ought to start calling them performance arrestors. </P>
<P mce_keep="true">There's a company that makes aflow throughspark arrestor for equipment and trucks. I can't remember their name - I'll see if I can find it. Kubota ought to start using something that makes sense...</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

O.K.</P>

The NEW production RTV 900 spark arrestors are in the muffler system, just like the RTV 1100 series !!!! The machines manufatored last year will probobly have one like mine (that was purchased Feb. '07, and it has the end cap style spark arrestor ), and it's on the very end of the tailpipe, remove the screw, remove cap, cut off and put cap back on,install screw !!!! >>>>>>> That's It !! ~~~~~`</P>

On the newer RTV 900's, you have to remove the bolts in the muffler, and remove the section like you see in the picture !!!!</P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true">on the 1100 take the two bolts out that hold the tail pipe. pull out the tail pipe, the spark arrestor screen is attached to the tail pipe mine was clogged up at 30 hrs so i took a hack saw and cut it off. no more clog.</P>

<span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman';">Today I did the same. I have a newer model
900 RTV with the same type of spark arrestor as the 1100s. I removed the
tail pipe and removed the screen. Taking the screen off is sort of a
pain. Might be easier to take a hack saw and cut off the arrestor
part. I had about 85 hours on my RTV and the arrestor was
clogged. I would like to thank everyone for the great advice on this
subject. </span> </p>

<P mce_keep="true">
My 900 delivered the day before Thanksgiving 2007 has the spark arrestor in the end of the tail pipe.</P>

</p><p class="MsoNormal">My RTV was purchased in September. RTV is a 2007 model
900 Recreational. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
At first I thought that I did not have a spark arrestor until I read
this thread and found out that some of the new RTV 900s have the same spark
arrestor as the 1100s. It looks like yours is easier to remove.
</p>

</p>

DaryleD

<P mce_keep="true">I just had a newRTV 900 worksite delivered Wednesday. It has the one on the end of the tail pipe. I am wondering what year it might be, because of it being this type of arrestor, so do you guys know if the machine has a manufactureing date or model date on it somewhere? My paperwork from the dealer doesn't list model or manufacture year. Thanks guys!</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Daryle.</P>

DaryleD

I don't feel comfortable giving out my vin#, but if you can tell me where to go to get the info, based on my vin, I'd appreciate it.</P>

Daryle</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true">Then may I suggest, you call Kubota Customer Service, maybe they can help you !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> (310) 370-3370.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<P mce_keep="true">DaryleD,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> KUBOTA CUSTOMER SATISFACTION DEPARTMENT ( 310) * 370 * 3370 >>>>> </P>

DaryleD

<P mce_keep="true">Thanks. I'll call em.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Daryle.</P>