RTV 1100 Speaker Replacement

Brent in WI

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the OEM speakers in an RTV1100 and if so what size were they? For example: Would regular 6" car speakers work for replacements? Is there enough depth? I haven't taken the headliner down yet to see for myself and was hoping someone here may know the details.
Thanks
Brent

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
I had my liner off when checking for water leaks but didn't notice the speakers.
But I do know why you want to replace them, they are terrible.
Next time I'll take pictures.

c0ke

Let us know if you replace your speakers. Send pics too. I would love to replace them too. The stock ones are terrible.

cpsseals

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the OEM speakers in an RTV1100 and if so what size were they? For example: Would regular 6" car speakers work for replacements? Is there enough depth?

Bump...

Any updates or information out there on these great questions?

PA Jeep

i replaced the speakers on my 2012 1100 with four 6 1/2 car speakers. I had to fab a piece of 1/2 plywood to allow for the depth and trim alittle metal from the factory mount location. It makes a huge difference going from the two small factory units to four aftermarkets.

cpsseals

i replaced the speakers on my 2012 1100 with four 6 1/2 car speakers. I had to fab a piece of 1/2 plywood to allow for the depth and trim alittle metal from the factory mount location. It makes a huge difference going from the two small factory units to four aftermarkets.

You didn't happen to take any photos of this operation did you? Were the originals 4 1/2 inch roof mounted?

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Just finished replacing the factory speakers in my 1100. (Actually my friend who is a local stereo guru did it.) went with 5 1/4 inch Memphis audio speakers to replace the factory 4 inch. Had to trim some metal to get speakers to fit. Cut out headliner so sound wouldn't be muffled by headliner. Installed speaker covers to finish. Turned out great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 151

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, it does sound a lot better. I have a few more pics of the install

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 149

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does that headliner come with the 1100's or is that an add on? (I've never seen an 1100 other than pics on here.)

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
thanks for sharing the iinstallation of your new speakers. Photos are worth a thousand words. Maybe more for us RTV owners lol.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Keifer, glad to share. This site and maybe the gloomy weather here at home has got me motivated to do a few things to the rtv.