RTV 1120D ATV Tires

CarrotRentals

Hi: Am thinking of getting a set of ATV style tires for the 1120D. The OEM tires are 24 inch. It looks as though I could go to a 26 inch tire as there is room in the wheel well. Does a larger diameter tire help performace in the woods?

Attachments

• image-2940641144.jpg
    image-2940641144.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 99

King

Not sure on that model if they fit. You will gain a little more top speed with a larger tire but you give up a lot of the low end torque when first driving off but not a huge difference.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Does a larger diameter tire help performace in the woods?

Only if your worried about "high centering" much or going in ruts, scared you are going to drag bottom. If you do go bigger, DON'T get over a 26 inch tire.

I have 27", wish I have went with 26 inchers. The 25 or 26 inch tires will bring you just as far in a quality 1 1/8" lug tire.
And then again, you might not want a very aggressive tire. There are many on the market to choose from that will serve you well !!!!

Unless you mudding it. I would suggest 25 inchers .>>:myopinion:

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Swamp Lites.jpg
    Swamp Lites.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 90

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
CarrotRentals,
Larger diameter tires will cause some loss of power.

There are some forum members that increased the tire diameter by two inches. As I recall, the two additional inches led to tire rub. These issues were not on the new models. Just saying to research the tire size issue to ensure you are happy with the decision.

Also, I have the ATV tires on my 900. For me they work great because I don't have to deal with much mud. I'd suggest purchasing an aftermarket tire that will likely last longer and be more aggressive. Of course, the aggressiveness has its downfalls of tearing up the grass or ground leading to erosion.

CarrotRentals

All: Thank you for your advice and it is much appreciated. I will stick with the 24 inch tires, just an atv
type tread pattern.

Mark.Sibole

Taller tires are nice if you need a little bit of ground clearance but to me it isnt worth the loss in low end torque.

pop58

Hi: Am thinking of getting a set of ATV style tires for the 1120D. The OEM tires are 24 inch. It looks as though I could go to a 26 inch tire as there is room in the wheel well. Does a larger diameter tire help performace in the woods?

I also have the 1120D and it came with the ATV tire option. No complaints.