RTV 900 Floor Panel & Inner Fender Well

uncleDerek

I hope you are still going after this guy with small claims court. Best of luck to you .
Absolutely,although I'm hoping to hear back from him,if he ever looks at my messages to him.i would much rather him return 500$ to me which I hope an believe is fair,it barely covers the alternator I had to purchase just to run it.but ,regardless, simply hand back 500$ an im happy to just say,he wasn't aware.an we can both move on.i have just over a month to retract my claim, an I hope thats what I'm able to do.its foolish having to go small claims.
But I promised im not letting this slide.it was very hard for me to get this far to just get taken advantage of.i looked at him an said I would take his word,it was all good.shook hands an he said" thank you, I appreciate you doing that"

Its the whole point of it as much as the money.truely sad

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
Already filed,an I definitely talked to my attorney prior,I wasn't about to waste the filing fee money if I had no chance. There are so many laws protecting buyers from private sales that nobody even uses if necessary. Its the first time for me.an its a sure win on my end, for a few reasons,but I'm not going to get into it all here i never said anything was based on a verbal agreement either.,but mis-reoresenting a vehicle in itself is a big one. Stated,an sold as a 2011 when vehicle was a 2004.a buy is not expected or responsible to check on certain things,that being one of them...there are so many fair trade act laws its crazy.and my case as I was already told was simple just due to the year as I said,not to mention im only asking for a small amount of money returned to me.i could very well an will have the chance to get a full refund,which I'm not looking for at moment.its just too bad there are just lowlife people just out to take someone's money.
My money wasn't "poorly spent" it was spent to purchase a said 2011 rtv in a certain condition. Neither were true.
Bottom line a very simple if you talk to an attorney. There is no such thing as "sale final" or "as is as seen" that a 30 year old gimmick that means absolutely nothing legally .which was actually news to me when i.met my attorney. I always wrote that on my bill of sales.an I was always honest an upfront.
I agree with what you have stated here. It is on the seller to post correct information. May be hard to prove he was intentionally deceiving. Not sure if he confirmed that it was a 2011 when you communicated with him. Best of luck.

mattgautreau

Yes, I did bczoom. It looks to be a perfect fit. I have the diamond plate all ready to go - just waiting for some warmer weather to finish the sandblasting & painting.

Thank you again.
Guys, i have a rusted out floor, especially on the driver's side. Does anybody have a template for RTV 900, 2004 model?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm on vacation, 1000 miles from my RTV. Bump this thread in a couple days (Thursday or Friday) and when I get home, I'll see if I can make you a template.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
Guys, i have a rusted out floor, especially on the driver's side. Does anybody have a template for RTV 900, 2004 model?
There is a tread where one of the guys made a template and would share with others. I can’t remember which thread on here. If I find I will share
Ok I found it. Thread name is

Frame complete! Floor template made for anyone that needs it!​

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
@mattgautreau

If I make a floor template, it may not be to the detail you need. All I'd be doing is laying a large piece of paper over the floor area (with the rubber mat still in place) then tracing/cutting out each area where the floor ends (e.g. where it meets the seat or the fender wells). A "true" floor template may be different as I'm guessing it may go under the seat somewhat and in other directions.

I've not yet been able to reach @uncleDerek via forum messaging. He does have a Youtube channel under the name 81deeds72
He's posted videos on lots of RTV things, including the floor. I'd suggest you try and reach him there. He has said he has the template. Hoping if you reach out to him (and maybe mention this forum and/or thread so he knows where the request is coming from) he can help you out much better and more accurately than I can.

Here's his RTV floor video.

uncleDerek

Do you have the floor templates for the RTV 900?
Hello, I apoligize to everyone seing this, I have had my hands full trying to build my cabin alone completely offgrid on a mountain with very minimal service if any...I only have a little time when I come to rhode island to see parents an im not online... I literally just got a notification an saw this while at my parents ..timing was just right. I just checked my dads garage an he through out the card board templates I made....I new if I kept stuff here it be tossed not knowing what they were.my own fault,I apoligize to everyone here. They were fairly simple to make.i suggest alluminum. A old stop sign or road sign.i show a easy way to bend them on the youtube chanel...anyone can do this. You can cut an tape cardboard together if you have the old rotted ones to match up.then bend the alluminum to match...no need to even cut the alluminum. It can be done with just bending. No welding/tigging necessary an they will last forever. Please message me if I can help furthet.but the video should show you most of the idea.
I will make it a point to try an check back here,but its very hard right now for me alone.
Goodluck!!!

dbailey5033

Hello, I apoligize to everyone seing this, I have had my hands full trying to build my cabin alone completely offgrid on a mountain with very minimal service if any...I only have a little time when I come to rhode island to see parents an im not online... I literally just got a notification an saw this while at my parents ..timing was just right. I just checked my dads garage an he through out the card board templates I made....I new if I kept stuff here it be tossed not knowing what they were.my own fault,I apoligize to everyone here. They were fairly simple to make.i suggest alluminum. A old stop sign or road sign.i show a easy way to bend them on the youtube chanel...anyone can do this. You can cut an tape cardboard together if you have the old rotted ones to match up.then bend the alluminum to match...no need to even cut the alluminum. It can be done with just bending. No welding/tigging necessary an they will last forever. Please message me if I can help furthet.but the video should show you most of the idea.
I will make it a point to try an check back here,but its very hard right now for me alone.
Goodluck!!!
Thanks for the quick reply. I did see your youtube channel and several nice videos. I haven't picked up the Kubota yet; however, I know the floor board is shot. I am not sure how much of the frame I will need to repair and the engine has 4500 hours on it so I may be doing an overhaul too.

I will use this forum as a place to bounce ideas off of everyone. Thanks for your contributions.

uncleDerek

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see your youtube channel and several nice videos. I haven't picked up the Kubota yet; however, I know the floor board is shot. I am not sure how much of the frame I will need to repair and the engine has 4500 hours on it so I may be doing an overhaul too.

I will use this forum as a place to bounce ideas off of everyone. Thanks for your contributions.
Very welcome an good luck.i do have videos building a motor as well. I have a bunch of extra engine parts if needed .
Goodluck again

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My 2 RTV 900 engines were in great shape at over 4200 hrs when I sold then (5 years apart) . I did routine service with oem fluids and filters.. no blow by and no smoke on these . .great engines .

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder ….If the rotting-floor issues …. are primarily the result of operations in “salted” or otherwise treated ground…??

I ask because my 2014 X900 still has it’s floor-mat installed over the sheet-metal flooring…and, other than occasional rinsiing/power-washing….it has not been subjected to anything but ranch-road-dirt…. and hasn’t suffered any visible rusting/damage.

(Wondering if I shouldn’t take preventative-action and remove the mat…and apply Rhino-coating, etc.)
??

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just found this.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wonder ….If the rotting-floor issues …. are primarily the result of operations in “salted” or otherwise treated ground…??

I ask because my 2014 X900 still has it’s floor-mat installed over the sheet-metal flooring…and, other than occasional rinsiing/power-washing….it has not been subjected to anything but ranch-road-dirt…. and hasn’t suffered any visible rusting/damage.

(Wondering if I shouldn’t take preventative-action and remove the mat…and apply Rhino-coating, etc.)
??
I have a 2004 RTV (It's turning 20 years old in a couple months).
The floor is pristine. IMHO, keeping it dry and chemical free is key. Like you, I power wash it. I then let it thoroughly dry before putting it away. I also use Fluid Film on the perimeter.
I keep mine garaged which I'm sure helps.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I live in Mississippi so far away from road salt. But... very close ( everyday ) to mud mingled with manure here on the cattle farm. My RTV had rust under the floor mat - not just the underside. I think it got wet there and stayed wet for long periods of time. It wasn't terrible but it was pitted in places. I cleaned and painted with bed liner and then put mat back . My post on the following thread link has picture of my floor. https://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/threads/check-your-flooorboard.17913/