RTV 900 front driveshaft rattle finally fixed

coobie

I finally have my frontdriveshaft rattle fixed on my 2006 RTV 900 no thanks to Kubota.My kubota dealer changed out the fron driveshaft twice but the rallte always returned within 20-30 hours of use.I want to thank this fellow for his web-site he posted on here with pics and a fix for the rattle,here is the website www.cornejo.net/rtv900/ Thanks a million,the total cost was a wopping $6.06 for parts but labor by my dealer was $72.00 which I am not going to bitch about because the rattle is finally fixed with around 165 hours on the rtv.Other than th rattle I love this machine.coobie</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
coobie,</p>

I know your on happy man. Things like that can drive youcrazy !!!! Thanks for sharing the info !!!!</p>

Have not " yet " got a rattle in the shaft area, but did have a " zzzzzzzzz buzzing sound " inthe when the unit wasbrand new !!! When I first wouldstartrolling or just about to come to a compete stop. That was the front panel of the bed making that sound.</p>

Finally found out where the sound was a coming from, and installed some " Limbsavers " noise dampers that we use on our hunting bows on the very front of the bed. They are between the bed and cab where nobody sees them. Stopped that sound instantly, that little sound alone like to have drove me nuts !!!!!!</p>

</p>

</p>