RTV 900 VS RTV1100

solitude

<P mce_keep="true">Let me try again.I'm thinking about trading in my 900 on an 1100.Would like to know if the 1100cab is a lotquieter then the 900,does the heater work</P>
<P mce_keep="true">well,and if I put in a radio can you hear it at speed?I think they are basically the same underneath so is the cab worth the extramoney?Has anyone</P>
<P mce_keep="true">out there had them both? Thank You</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Solitude</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
THE REPLY MUST OF VANISHED LIKE SOME OTHERS >>>>>>></P>

Mr. jbiglane, member on this forum owns both the 900 & 1100 series units. I can say for a fact, the cabs are nice. But I will let him answer the questions being he owns both. He see's this, he will reply !!!! </P>

ddttweeks

<P mce_keep="true">Solitude</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I traded my 05 900 for the 1100 last summer. There is no comparison between the two. The heat and a/c in the 1100 will give you any temp that you want.You can actually carry on a conversation with your passenger without a problem. And yes you can hear your tunes loud and clear. I'm not at all sorry that I traded machines. The only negative for me is the lack of sliding windows in the doors. I miss them mostly for talking to fellow riders when we pull up side by side.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="solitude"]I think they are basically the same underneath[/quote]</p>

There's several differences "underneath". A lot of things have been moved around but the 1100 also has a bigger engine.</p>

dkf435

<P mce_keep="true">Lift up the hood, bed and crawl underneath the two there are lots of things that are changed. Go read about problems on the 900 and I think alot were addressed on the 1100 design.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">David</P>

solitude

<P mce_keep="true">I said bacsically,I,m sure there are some differences.But the wheelbase is the same,tread width is the same,dump body the same,transmissiom</P>
<P mce_keep="true">the wheels are the same.Motor has a little more power but looks like 900s.I'm sure theA/ C and heater added a lot of stuff under hood and around </P>
<P mce_keep="true">the motor.But what I' m trying to find out is how the cab compares to 900.two guns and another fella told me they are worth the money which of </P>
<P mce_keep="true">course is what I want to hear!.Just would like to hear from people that either a 1100 or people that had them both. thank you</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Pat</P>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">i sold my rtv900 in june 07 to buy an rtv1100. cab is great! you can easily have normal conversation inside if doors are completely shut. cab is so tight that i always have to let my wife close her door first when we ride together.the first door to close is easy the last one i have to close and then pull again to completely close the door. it took me a few times to get used to it, now it is second nature.heat and air and defrost are just like on a car. used it last summer in 100+ heat and it worked perfectly. i too wish it had windows that opened. they are both very capable machines i only traded for the a/c</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">bigdeer,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Welcome to the forum ~~~~ Happy you like your new 1100 !!!!! THEY ARE A NICE MACHINE !!! [;)]</P>

Geo

<P mce_keep="true">I bought two 900's and one 1100 all at once for my business, I am in the seismic exploration business.I put about 25-50 miles on each unit per day and love them all very much. What I have noticed is this: the 900 has a rougher ride and is a tad slower and maybe a bit less refined than the 1100. The 1100 ac and heat work great!!! cab can be a little noisy but stereo can be heard just fine!! The 1100 is the way to go...but I wouls not let loose of my 900's either.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">Geo</P>

solitude

<P mce_keep="true">thanks everyone for info.I've got a price from salesman up in Maine for 17500 on a camo 1100 with hazard lights, beacon light,rhino,radio,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">and rear screen.I hope this is a good price,Everyone so far seems to really like the 1100 but it is expensive!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Thank You</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> solitude</P>

mmolnar

We have a new 1100 and I can't say enough about the cab. Quality is superb and refined. No complaints to register here. On the price, check around. We paid $15,085 for the camo, with the high rise air intake and the engine heater. Granted, our dealer gave us the camo option at no cost because they couldn't get us an orange one for several months (this was back in late January). Ours came right off the truck. It wasn't a demo or one that sat for 6 months. </p>

I'm sure pricing will vary from dealer to dealer, but work on it and you should be able to do better.</p>

mmolnar
</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">That's what I was getting at, $17,500.00 is a bite in the butt !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true">The price down here,for the RTV 1100, give or takea couple of $$$, depending on the dealer, but they are so close on prices down here, really is not enough to talk about !!! >>>>$15,050.00 Orange, plus $725.00 if one wants the Camo version !!!! I would do some more shopping !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>
<DIV><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></DIV>

<P mce_keep="true">Solitude,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">When I went looking for a 1100 RTV I got prices everywhere from 15000 to 17000 and everywhere in between....I picked one up for 15000 including the bedliner and the turn signal hazzard kit.........Keep looking, you will find a dealer that will sell for around 15000........</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil,,</P>

solitude

<P mce_keep="true">OH NO!!!!! Yesterday I called the salesman and ordered rtv1100 before I checked the web.I got the orange one</P>
<P mce_keep="true">cause I think it looks better on 1100 the 900 looks better camo my opinion only.Orange $600 cheaper and I think it looks better..The guy gave</P>
<P mce_keep="true">me the same money as I paid for 900 last year.He says hazard lights and rear screen won't be here till may!He's painting grill a flat black</P>
<P mce_keep="true">so that will take care of that so it doesn't look so bad. Thanx for comebackguys</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Solitude</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>