RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

TRIBUTE100

Winter is over here in WNC, if you call it winter. We had a trace of snow back in December and maybe 5 days with <20 degrees F, and that was at night. When I bought my 2010 RTV 900 about 10 years ago my wife was very upset. Well guess who uses it all the time ? She's big into gardening, flowers mostly and she had a small vegetable garden. She loads up her plants, battery powered weed eaters, dirt, etc. She loads up brush and dumps it out in the woods. She loves it. The unit has about 350 hours on it.

Attachments

• 20230404_174726[1].jpg
    20230404_174726[1].jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 26

touras

Winter is over here in WNC, if you call it winter. We had a trace of snow back in December and maybe 5 days with <20 degrees F, and that was at night. When I bought my 2010 RTV 900 about 10 years ago my wife was very upset. Well guess who uses it all the time ? She's big into gardening, flowers mostly and she had a small vegetable garden. She loads up her plants, battery powered weed eaters, dirt, etc. She loads up brush and dumps it out in the woods. She loves it. The unit has about 350 hours on it.
That is a great machine. Bonus that the wife likes it too.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

Don't get stain on it!

I have done the same..... a ladder in the bed of my RTV. Definitely NOT OSHA approved. LOL

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Re-staining the back porch. Fanciest scaffold in the neighborhood.

View attachment 14815
Haha, we did something similar. I had my wife drive around tall shrubs, while I was in the back with the hedge trimmer. I cannot think of a faster way of doing it. Perfect height and very stable for me! It was great, next time we'll post some pics.

touras

Haha, we did something similar. I had my wife drive around tall shrubs, while I was in the back with the hedge trimmer. I cannot think of a faster way of doing it. Perfect height and very stable for me! It was great, next time we'll post some pics.
Love your name (y)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Took the grandkids for a ride. They saw the way we roll up the window with the old fashioned manual way. They thought that was neat. LOL
Kids these days have not seen a car with crank up windows.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Quick little storm rolled through on Saturday, causing me to break out the Kubota's on Sunday. It's amazing how much damage it could do in a couple of minutes. The weather was perfect so I didn't mind too much.

IMG_20230731_115155.jpg

Smilingreen

I drove around this weekend with my new RTVX1100c and cut tree branches that were hanging over the trails in my woods. I hauled the battery powered pruning saw, extra batteries, gallon of chain lube in the bed. Unknown to me, at the time, I was hauling a bunch of chiggers on my pants leg in the cab. Found out a bit later that I had hitch hikers on my pants, which found their way through my socks, as they were looking for a fresh meal to feast on. I gotta get a sign made: NO CHIGGERS ALLOWED.

Smilingreen

I don't think that it works like that. :biggrin:

Mosquitos and biting flies don't bother me that much but chiggers can see me coming at 50 paces. They are the Devil's spawn.
Never have had problem with chiggers the whole 25 years I have owned my farm.....until this fall. If I have 1 chigger bite, I bet I got 200 on my legs. Totally miserable.

Reactions: ETF

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Never have had problem with chiggers the whole 25 years I have owned my farm.....until this fall. If I have 1 chigger bite, I bet I got 200 on my legs. Totally miserable.
Ode to a Chigger

You Forsook your native weed
with several others of your breed
chose me on which to munch.

Had I not happened by just then you
would have missed this change of venue
What would then have been the menu
for your lunch?

In your natural, wild condition,
(Lacking me for your nutrition)
Would you have died of malnutrition?

Or is your sojourn in my hide
an evolutionary ride
to nowhere? Would you just have died
an isolated Chigger?

Meanwhile I perforce endure
your bite susceptible to cure
by time alone. Thank God
that you’re not Bigger!

(authored by my childhood friends’ Dad, Jack Norris Burch)

ItBmine

Was cold and rainy here today, so I left the antique tractors inside and went for an RTV ride instead this time.
Wife wanted to go see some fall colors even though we missed the peak last week.

And because it's an RTV, I never come home empty. Loggers leave lots of wood when they are done.

Attachments

• 20231007_122154.jpg
    20231007_122154.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231007_123348.jpg
    20231007_123348.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231007_131828.jpg
    20231007_131828.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231007_132313.jpg
    20231007_132313.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231007_132706.jpg
    20231007_132706.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231007_141610.jpg
    20231007_141610.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231007_144212.jpg
    20231007_144212.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 12

Smilingreen

I spent 8 hours on the JD tractor, bush hogging. Beautiful day. Sunny, high of 62, ultra low humidity. Only spent 15 minutes in the RTV, driving around, looking at everything I had bush hogged down. More seat time for the RTV, tomorrow. Tomorrows weather will be a repeat of todays. I got a date with my chainsaw and some more fence line tree branches. Maybe I can capture some pics tomorrow.

Fall weather is just starting to get here in the south. The temperatures are becoming very nice, the leaves are turning brown. The broom sedge is turning golden brown. Summer grasses are all dying and the fescues are coming in thick and dark green. I have an over-abundance of deer on my farm. There are 5 of them that pretty much stay in my backyard within 20 to 30 feet from the house from sun-up to sunset. Not sure what is so tasty about my back yard grass, except it is surround by dense woods on 3 sides.