RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

ko4bg

Site Supporter
Yea Woody....Filling . bags wasn't ever a joy; as we had the durn red clay to deal with to fill.....As Det. commander I would load up a crew of the guys, 5 or 6 shovels, 3 or 4 bundles of bags, a couple of cases of cokes or beer, and enough arms for a small war and head out to the dump. The dump would be a sure fire place to find fresh, turned over MOST IMPORTANT....LABOR.

In Viet Nam, if you had anything on the back of the truck you wanted to keep you better have a couple of weapons back there to protect it and keep it on board. Sure as the devil though you could find several boy sans to contract out to fill the bags for the cases of fluids.

There we were the American Warriors doing our duty to develop the self-protection for when the real SHTF..............lol...we might've even consumed some of those fluids for sure.
Thanks Woody for bringing back those "good" memories that the VA "groups" had pretty much gotten rid of cause the get GROUPED WITH THE BAD..............God bless these United States.......Dennis
Dennis, "Welcome Home Brother"!!!!!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i just cut it with diesel. mainly i use old black diesel engine oil. the blacker the better. if you want you can add a little of that non fibered roof patch tar. it makes the mixture a little tougher because of the wax. i think

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Very nice. Easy to remove if needbe?
Yes, the metal frame just slips into the 4 square corners, and the top cover is bungeed to the bed. It also has a rear flap that is rolled up and tied. In the future, I plan on sewing in a clear plastic window. It will dump with the cover and frame left on. And I believe the material is waterproof.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Looks great!

But doesn’t the location of the roto-pax limit the usefulness of the dump bed?
My main intention for these mods are so my wife and I could go exploring deep in the woods for weekend camping excursions. Mainly to keep our gear dry, and have water and fuel, as well as hammocks, tarps, sleeping bags, chairs, cooler, small grill, etc. The Rotopax remove easy enough for loading dirt, gravel, firewood or whatever, the mounting studs are small enough that really don't get in the way.
You know the old saying "I'd rather bring it and not need it.......".

williamad

My main intention for these mods are so my wife and I could go exploring deep in the woods for weekend camping excursions. Mainly to keep our gear dry, and have water and fuel, as well as hammocks, tarps, sleeping bags, chairs, cooler, small grill, etc.The Rotopax remove easy enough for loading dirt, gravel, firewood or whatever, the mounting studs are small enough that really don't get in the way.
You know the old saying "I'd rather bring it and not need it.......".
perfect thought. definitely try it. I will try it with my wife when I have time. Also, linoleum, water and a sleeping bag are enough :)

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Linoleum or other flooring material will keep most of the water off if you are under it far enough.
Again with the linoleum? What the heck are you guys smoking? I have never in my life seen someone use flooring as a shelter, and I have spent hundreds of nights camping everywhere from Tennessee, to Prince Edward Island. I mean I'm open to all sorts of camping, but the thought of packing a roll of linoleum or tying it to your backpack is just comical.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was trying to figure out how and where linoleum would be used to keep you dry. Please elaborate Shiinnery

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I was trying to figure out how and where linoleum would be used to keep you dry. Please elaborate Shiinnery
It was Williamad that started it, and shinnery jumped on board. Maybe they are trolling us and having a good laugh.:yum: At our expense. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Doc

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday I used a chain to pull several small root balls and stumps with my x1100c .
Some those little yopon stumps have a pretty good root hold.
4x4 low range, lock rear diff and give it a tug and BAM.. Amazing power from this little machine .
Saved me from having to get the JD Tractor out.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you use a brush grubber to pull those or just wrap the chain around them? I have a brush grubber I am itchin to try on some locust stumps.
Don't know what kind of locust you have but I don't think I'd strap my RTV to any locust stump of even moderate size.
Locust have very deep and strong tap roots. Most trees have tap roots that only go down around 5'. A locust can go down 20'.

Semper-Fi

Don't know what kind of locust you have but I don't think I'd strap my RTV to any locust stump of even moderate size.
Locust have very deep and strong tap roots. Most trees have tap roots that only go down around 5'. A locust can go down 20'.
Go for it Paw Paw. Grub/Chain that little Sucker and give it hell. LOL.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I just hooked that ole chain to the receiver hitch on the rear , hooked around the stump and jerked them out !

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had some locust trees 30ft or so tall. I dug the roots out on 3 sides and pushed em over last fall. If you saw these root balls no way would you try to yank em out by just hooking on to them. Even if you cut through the roots 5 ft from the stump I still think they'd be a bear to get out. If you come by for that race paw paw grower you can see these.