RTV & Tires

Mark.Sibole

Cool on being plated.But the only drawback I can see on it is to plate it you have to carry auto insurance on it and thats not cheap any more.Up here at least I can ride mine pretty much anyplace except main highways with no problems.With the Machine only doing 25 MPH It would be hard to do any highway crusing anyways lol

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
New Tires for Collie

OK, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of Blackwater Evolutions' for my RTV.. I have had an RTV 900 since Feb of 2005 and managed to put over 4000 hrs on the first one before selling it and getting the 2011 xtr 900. I have close to 800 hrs on it now and was in need of a new set of" Grippers" as Two Guns calls them. I have the oem ATV tires on now but at the 800 hrs, they are not so grippy anymore. I have been fishtailing right and left so now have taken the bait and the Blackwater Evolutions await me under the carport. My intentions are to have them mounted next week on my winter gripper rims which have my worn out 589s on now. It is so wet here where the cows walk that the mud will pull at your boots like quicksand. and the pastures will fishtail as well. I went with the evolutions because of the tread. Sorry Black Diamond tires , the Blackwater Evolutions smoother ride and more tread that will still clean out, won me over. I got them from all terrain- real people that will take the time to talk to you :) bordercollie .

Attachments

• 0105131620.jpg
    0105131620.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 0103131049.jpg
    0103131049.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 0104131521.jpg
    0104131521.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 544
  • 0104131212.jpg
    0104131212.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 544

Heatwave

Free advice ... worth exactly its price: have 'em put new valve stems in when they mount your tires.

Those are nice looking tires.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
GREAT INVESTMENT .....

Looks like they would climb a tree ....... bet they pull good too !!!!

Attachments

• Owl Avitar.jpg
    Owl Avitar.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 528

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Nice tires BC. They would be a little aggressive for my yard but probably great for yours. They'll look great on the RTV too!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Free advice ... worth exactly its price: have 'em put new valve stems in when they mount your tires.QUOTE]

I agree with the valve stem statement .....

Slime 'em also >>>>>>

Attachments

• slime armour.jpg
    slime armour.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 528

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And make sure they put in new, winter air! That summer air just doesn't work this time of year. :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes on the valve stems.. and I make sure that they put on the short stems too. I will check on that" winter "air - although I have been told that I am full of hot air anyway. ;) Thanks for the well wishes-bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Did you ever get your tires on Bordercollie???
. I put them on this week. 26 and 9 front 11 rear. I wish They were wider on the back but the 12" wasn't available. I went out in the pasture chasing a cow yesterday and she got the better of me but I did give her a run for the money. With the worn out tires I would have been hopeless. I noticed when I took off the oem tires with 800 hrs , that the rears were also worn - more on the inside.
I went with these Blackwater Evolutions because of the non directional pattern. I am hoping that I can get extra wear out of them by being able to swap sides L to R. I will keep the oem mounted on the other rims for summer.
This is a picture of my 589s winter take offs.. They had bulges showing from the outside and this is a picture of the breaking down from the inside.
I have a pile of rear xtr s that went bad but were covered by the company- I didn't ask the second time around because the fronts were worn out by then and I knew that I had gotten my true use out of the set. I am going to make a cow scratcher with them... bordercollie

Attachments

• 0125130844.jpg
    0125130844.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 494
  • DSCF4593.jpg
    DSCF4593.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 488
  • 0123131656a.jpg
    0123131656a.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 484

Mark.Sibole

Good to see you have them on.Im really surprised of the wear for mostly Mud driving.
I actually went the same size all the way around.I used the front tire size.I find the slightly thinner tires cut through the gunk better than the wide tires so thats why I went the same size all the way around.

sheep farmer

SUPER Site Supporter
hi all
its time for new tires my 2008 rtv has 1400 hr on it and time new tires.
it has 2 inch lift on it with old original tyres 25x10x12, since I've put the lif-kit in with the original worn-tyres on it I have a camber issue now, if I put Maximus Big Horn tyres 26x11x12 on the front will that fix my camber issue with taller tyres? and will that size be ok on the back as well as front ?
Need some input on this idea

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Unless Maxxis changed their tires, their 25x10x12 Bighorns stand just a tad over 26" so you may consider going with that size.

I have the 25x10x12 all the way around and with the lift kit, I have no rubbing. I don't have a bad camber issue either. Here's a couple pics. Looking at the dust on the tires, you can see they're running pretty much equal on inside and outside.

Attachments

• CIMG0709.jpg
    CIMG0709.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 449
  • CIMG0710.jpg
    CIMG0710.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 450
  • CIMG0711.jpg
    CIMG0711.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 449

sheep farmer

SUPER Site Supporter
the maxxis bighorns 25x10x12 how can thay stand at 26" when there 25" tires?
why don't thay stand the same hight as original tires?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
the maxxis bighorns 25x10x12 how can thay stand at 26" when there 25" tires?
why don't thay stand the same hight as original tires?

Maybe some other members want to give their opinion also.

No tires are the "PERFECTLY" the size stated. Some are bigger, some are smaller. Depends on manufacture. Take it for what bczooom states. If he says they are bigger than stated, trust me, they are. He owns them.....

Knowing what I know now Sheep Farmer, being we run in the swamps and work my machine. I would never go over 26". Matter of fact, If it was not for us going in deep mud, I would never go over 25 inch tires.

Let's ask bordercollie what her tires show up to be after mounted. She has a new set of ITP Black Water Evolution, 26 inchers I think .....

................. jamie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe some other members want to give their opinion also.

No tires are the "PERFECTLY" the size stated. Some are bigger, some are smaller. Depends on manufacture. Take it for what bczooom states. If he says they are bigger than stated, trust me, they are. He owns them.....

Knowing what I know now Sheep Farmer, being we run in the swamps and work my machine. I would never go over 26". Matter of fact, If it was not for us going in deep mud, I would never go over 25 inch tires.

Let's ask bordercollie what her tires show up to be after mounted. She has a new set of ITP Black Water Evolution, 26 inchers I think .....

................. jamie
Thanks Jamie for letting me know . (My internet is out and I am piggybacking on my nephews cell phone during supper tonight.) I have just put my Blackwater Evolutions through" it" this past week. We have had a lot of rain until recently and I can say that these tires are very good at getting me home. I have zero rubbing on these 26" tires. They are 9" front and 11 " rear. They stand up and don't squat. I am in 2 wd drive in this picture. :) The tread is deep also. bordercollie

Attachments

• 0222131255.jpg
    0222131255.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 399

retiredatlast

RTV front tire clearance

Hello, I'm new here but have been folowing as a guest for a while. I bought a RTV 900 2 years ago and use it for hauling firewood and water tanks. I live off the grid and have to haul water 1.5 miles to my cabin. I use 250 gallon "tote" tanks.

Now for the real issue, my OEM ATV (OTR 440Mags 25X10 FR & 25X11X12 R) tires broke down, cracked out around ends of tread. I'm assuming they can't take the weight.

I'm thinking of replacement with a more agressive tread in 26X11X12 all around. I use the RTV to get my wood and have to travel over old logging trails, steep hills, rocks and mud. I'm thinking of Blackwater Evos with a load rating of 1430# I'm looking for a lot of stability in the woods so thiinking 11s in front would help. Does anyone know if I'll run into any rubbing issues on the front with the 26X11s ?

Appreciate any input, Thanks.

pattyman

retiredatlast...

I went with Deestone 26x12x12 lug tires. like you i was worried about the weight of the machine plus payload, seemed like all the atv tires i liked were only rated at 4-5 hundred pounds. The deestone's are an 8 ply tire rated at 2100 lbs. I put them on all the way around and have had no rubbing issues. I found them on ebay, total for all 4 including shipping was $440. I couldn't be happier with them.

Popo1945

I'm running GBC Dirt Tamers 27x12.00-12 on the rear & 27x9.00-12 on the front. I installed the HD struts & I have no issues with rubbing. The tires measure just over 26" in diameter. They are 6 ply rated at 550 pounds.