RTV & Tires

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now that my friend, is
LOUISIANA !!!!

Cant' find a mud hole, hell, we will just make one ....

Go ahead Peanut.
My buddy's got it going !!!!:17875:

........ two guns

Attachments

• Butt Rock.jpg
    Butt Rock.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 266

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
There is no mud in this world, that compares to Louisiana Gumbo, NOTHING !!!!

Attachments

• Jamie and Luca.jpg
    Jamie and Luca.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 265

kobe

What about that Georgia red clay Two Guns? I took a transplant from the South on a run here about thirty years ago and he ground to a halt going (down) a 20 degree grade.
The old volcanic mud we were in totally filled uo his wheel wells until they looked like a taffy making machine. He was duly impressed, but he swore the the old Georgia clay was worse. We had set him up actually and had sprayed all our running gear and wheel wells before he joined us. He was a good guy and bought the brew later that night. KOBE

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
What about that Georgia red clay Two Guns? I took a transplant from the South on a run here about thirty years ago and he ground to a halt going (down) a 20 degree grade.
The old volcanic mud we were in totally filled uo his wheel wells until they looked like a taffy making machine. He was duly impressed, but he swore the the old Georgia clay was worse. We had set him up actually and had sprayed all our running gear and wheel wells before he joined us. He was a good guy and bought the brew later that night. KOBE

Sorry Kobe,
Ain't Tuff enough ..... Georgia clay is ruff, not tuff ..... :yum:
( Had to poke at ya !!! )

Attachments

• Two Guns Trooper.jpg
    Two Guns Trooper.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 260

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
A Star Wars stormtrooper in the Army of the Confederacy? Where DO you get all these photos, Two Guns?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yup kobe me was stuck although if I would have gunned the peddle it would have slung the mud off and yes I probably could have driven out of the mud hole but not that rut. my moto is if your sitting there spinning the tires and not moving why give it more gas and take a chance of snapping an axle ?I carry 4 4 20' slings rated at over 10,000 lbs a piece and about 60' foot of rope and a cable come-a-long wich has about 40' of cable unless I use the snatch block.some times there just ain't no trees around or atleast nothing close by so I need all the reach I can get.i also carry one of them moble home achors that you screw into the ground its about 4' long so I screw that into the ground and pull off of it. a few weeks ago we was on a trail in the swampmy son was in the leed with his grizzle and I was following him we came upon a small bayou in the swamp with a small levee on the other side.i made it through and up the othersaide only to run smack dab into a tree when I tried to back up I hit another tree .so now i'm sittin on top a levee wedged in between two trees . I took the winch rope and pulled the front around but the back was still blocked by the tree .we then took the come-a-long and strap and picked you the rear of the rhino while we pulled to the side with the winch. took us about 2 hours to get it free.most times when we go ride in the swamps there is no room to turn around you just have to keep going til you get to a clearing to turn around or just backup the same way you go into there.it's never a dull moment when we go ride.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
A Star Wars stormtrooper in the Army of the Confederacy? Where DO you get all these photos, Two Guns?

Kinda looks like the sargent was getting pissed at the soldier showing up like that uh ......

oh yea, by the way, This is a Louisiana Cat Squirrel ......

Attachments

• Louisiana Cat Squirrel.jpg
    Louisiana Cat Squirrel.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 265

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
That's funny right there.:wink:

Clearly a cousin of the Alabama fox squirrel that has been known to chew down houses.

kobe

Really funny photo Two guns, bout fell off my chair. BTW, I meant to mention that when we really got in the sticky stuff (Agate Flats on the Oregon-California border) we used "PAM" the stuff ya use on your grill. It really worked well. That was about twenty or thirty years ago, and you guys had neglected to tell me about "Fluid Film". Thanks to your suggestions, I have made the switch and it is a better product for that use. I just ordered another four cans last week. No one out here had ever heard of the stuff.~kobe

kobe

Just givin ya grief bout being stuck peanut. With them elephant shoes on there it would be real easy to tear up running gear. Seen a jeep one time down on the coast that would not give up when we told him to, he was trying to cross the mouth of a small creek going into the ocean. I shook my head and went on up the beach. When I came back less then thirty minutes later all you could see was the top of the roll bar above the sand. Brand new CJ-5. There is a time to quit while your ahead of the game.~~KOBE

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
never tried the fluid film from what the members in here say it works great. I normally use son of a gun tire foam or armorall /wd40. and something that works good to is this cheap old stuff at walmart it's that off brand made by super tech it it's a wd40 knockoff. I use it on my brakes and just about any other thing that needs a coating of oil all the underside gets a coat of it. it's just about as thick as 30 weight motor oil. I never use it as a wd for substitute but for lubing up stuff before a ride it works great.i would like to try some fluid film but haven't found it down here yet.do you know of any places that sell it twoguns?

yes kobe I see lots of guys who done had one to many to drink and they wanna show how badass they are on their machine .they are too macho to say throw me a rope instead they insist that they can somehow make it out of the hole they got them selves into. the next thing you know is your passing them on the trail being pulled by a buddy with one of their axles sitting on the rear rack of their atv. I like to go by the modo that you ain't havin fun if you don't get stuck.some people live by the moto of if you ain't broke something you ain't in the deep shit. so far I have been stuck a few times really bad but to this day I have yet to snap an axle. now the funny part is I make atv/utv parts but I tore one of my stock boot gaurds off about a year ago and I still haven't made me any for my rhino.where we ride I really don't need them because it's mainly swamp /water and plain old mud .there ain't many sticks or branches for me to run over besides I normally stay in the back of the line that way I can push the guys ahead of me when they get stuck and also they can pull me out when I get stuck. it takes atleast 4 atv's to pull me out .

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
.i would like to try some fluid film but haven't found it down here yet.do you know of any places that sell it twoguns? QUOTE]

I find it a Napa, John Deere, and most of your tractor sales, and major parts houses' carries it.
Might try Tractor Supply also...
Fluid Film is good !!!

........ two guns

kobe

I like to support our local dealers, but because I live so far from town, I used Amazon.com. Two cans for $22 and change, with free delivery~Kobe

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I bought some on ebay and got a "free" fluid film sprayer that hooks to the air compressor. I bought a pail though when it was on sale and free shipping..

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I like to support our local dealers, but because I live so far from town, I used Amazon.com. Two cans for $22 and change, with free delivery~Kobe

Hey, that is a good price. For some of the tractor dealers want 10.99 per can plus tax ......

............ two guns

Attachments

• Oddsworld 12.jpg
    Oddsworld 12.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 246

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like to use the Kellsport site for ordering. Once you're in their system, they e-mail you coupons for normally 10% off future orders.

I like the spray for small projects but if you want a durable coat, consider getting the gallon jug that you paint the film on. I use this for things like the underside of the mower deck, implements you don't want to rust...

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I like to use the Kellsport site for ordering. Once you're in their system, they e-mail you coupons for normally 10% off future orders.QUOTE]

Thanks much bczoom !!! :a1::a1::a1:

I will contact Kellsport....
That is like buying my SeaFoam, I buy by the gallons..... cuts my cost in half.
We use much of this around our place. It's like a miracle drug for gas engines.

....... two guns

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
Hey ZZZ2D1, you'll be pleased to learn that I ordered two new tires for the back of my RTV 900. And you'll be even more pleased to know that they are rated at the load for the RTV. I'm waiting on them to be shipped now. Meanwhile, I'm just light-loading. : )

Also of possible interest to some of you, I bought a tire changing tool on serious sale at Harbor Freight. I got it for $34.99, a regular $59.99 tool. They still have their sale going on but you need a coupon from their email or webpage. I mounted it onto a sort of pallet that I made from wood/trex I had left over from previous projects. I tried it out and it works great.