RTV X100C speed and torque

Jlutsey

Good morning guys,
I have been reading over this site for a while now and seems like a wealth of knowledge to be had. I manage a residential plantation and we just purchased several new RTV's for the grounds and landscape department after killing off a fleet of John Deere Gators. I have had a lot of experience with the earlier model RTV's ('8-'10) and was really impressed with the durability and power of the machines which is why I went with the new purchases.
We have 2 900's, 2 1100C's, and 2 1120's. I have to say I am not really impressed by any of them at the moment, other than the 1120 as far as speed and power goes...the 1100c especiallyweak. It is pulling a small 8x10 trailer with a mower on it and the best speed I am getting is 20 mph. you hit a small incline or soft sand and it will barely do 17mph. The 900 will do about 23 with a stiff tail wind(no trailer) and the 1120's are a little over 26 mph ( no traier). The disappointing thing is that we live and work on dirt roads and any little change in topography and these things slow down big time...there just seems to be no top end torque that I would expect from a 3 cylinder diesel.
They were all purchased brand new and all set up by the same dealer. Is this normal or do you think I should be getting better performance? should I call the dealer out to make any adjustments? At this point, they will be running with the pedal to the floor board 100% of the time and that is going to drastically reduce their longevity I would think.
I have also read about shifting issues, are yall referring to manually moving the lever or the transmission shifting due to load and RPM? the 1100c do not seem to shift at all and maintain really high RPM. occasionally, with no pattern, they will drop RPM for a second or two and then go right back up to the max....Any insight from yall would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

ovrszd

With your stated previous experience, this can't be blamed on driver education. So, not sure what's going on. Hard to think that "several" new RTVs would all have something wrong with them. Hope you can get some resolution!!!

Jlutsey

Curious more about how much improvement I should expect after some initial break in time. I am pretty well versed with equipment and know the engine will need time to loosen up a little but wasn't sure what to expect. I am also wondering if maybe the machines will need fine tuning that perhaps didn't get setup correctly from the get go. I do love them though. Can't beat the build quality IMO. Thanks.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What is a residential plantation?

I would hope that you understand that the RTV is NOT a speed power house but instead a WORK POWER HORSE. Yes, when going up a hill they slow down and yes when pulling a load they also slow down. No, one doesn't shift up or down with them while they are moving. For me, With 20 bags of 50 lb feed and pulling a small trailer with 15 more, I have to go up one of my 15 degree hills in M gear and yes, it is full throttle and not going at a high rate of speed; but it gets there. There are many tales on the forum of the work that the things will do and I am sure you can hear more of them if you ask.
I do ask that perhaps you do please understand that these things are for WORK, not the race track. Surely NOT to be rude and I am sorry that it seems you are disappointed over the machines you have that to me are working just as designed.
If you need your dealer out, he should be more than welcome to come, even if you just bought one. There are some specific tweaks that folks have done and I hope folks come in and talk with you about their models and what was done to them.......Good luck.....Dennis