RTV X1100C

OLD MAN 64

Just joined this form guys to try and find out what my situation might be a buddy of mine drop this unit off about a week ago me and my grandson rode around in it for a couple of days and then since it was used, I figured I better check the fluids well when I check the motor oil it’s supposed to have 4 quarts it had one kind of got me excited so then I went to check the HST fluid and found that it was about 4 inches above the full level so that point I decided that I needed to give to transmission fluid change so I called the local dealer and he told me that it takes 7 quarts of fluid and he had the fluid in the filters there so I picked them up. I pulled the filters off drain the oil pull the drain plugs out which it has two then put everything back filled it back with 7 quarts and is now setting on the exact fill. Market should be now. Machine won’t move. Maybe one little nudge when first put in gear that’s it only ran in a minute trying to shift back-and-forth. Worried I might damage transmission. Any suggestions?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
On the x series RTVs the reservoir under the passenger seat is the most important fluid to making it go. Make sure you pull the pick up screen out of the bottom of the tank and ensure it is not plugged up. And make sure the hoses going to and from that tank do not collapse when running. The UDT2 fluid in the transmission just lubricate the gears. The Hydro unit gets it's fluid from the tank.

Reactions: Doc

OLD MAN 64

Hey guys, so I want to head and pulled out that strainer and it was absolutely spotless. Thank God for that however, the remainder oil smell really burnt so I went ahead and replaced it all started it up and everything is working perfect at this point thanks so much for your input. This is an awesome forum