Side Kick accessories installed on X series rtv

Len 900

The XG 850 has some nice accessories that fit the X series rtv . I thought it would be fun to show them installed on the x 900. I have the bed rails and front bed extender plate/ seal installed that work very well. My latest side kick accessory upgrade is the front hood rack. It is kubota's version of the Seizmek rack. I modified the install slightly to clear my wiper blade and it fits great. I think it will be very useful. It has a 75 lb rating. I thought it may block vision but it is not a problem. It will be nice to clear out the bed when I need more room to haul. It has quick clamps for easy removal to access under hood.IMG_2293.jpgIMG_2296.jpgIMG_2274.jpgIMG_2276.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like all the mods. Look GREAT.
Confused on the front rack needing mod'ed for wiper. My wiper swings down from top. Doesn't yours?

Len 900

My 2015 has the kabota windshield with wiper at the bottom. I moved the rack about 1/2 inch forward to clear the wiper by using a different set of holes on the mount. My windshield also opens at the bottom which I can't do with the rack on but I have not opened it for years anyway. Reminds me of a basket I had on a bike when I was a kid that didn't look cool but was nice to have...lolIMG_2294.jpg

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Just picked up the bed seal kit and rails from my dealer. I am trying to find a solid rear bumper and did find one at EMP. However, parts guy at dealer told me the Sidekick bumper might fit on the RTV-X series. He was willing to sell me one from stock with the understanding I could return it if it would not install. Those guys are the best. I may take him on up on it. Has anyone tried a Sidekick rear bumper on a X RTV?

Len 900

The EMP looks heavy duty but looks like it covers the tail lights. I really like the kabota bumper. The tube design matches the front bumper and it also includes the tail light guards. Might be able to store a chain or strap in the tube. I am sure that it will bolt right up. That's great your dealer will let you try it. IIMG_2303.jpgIMG_2304.jpgf I spend more money right now on the kabota my wife will have me sleeping in it.....may be worth it...lol

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My 2015 has the wiper mounted at the top and the windshield does not open at the bottom. I bought it used but I assumed it came from Kubota that way. I really like the basket. Often I want to use the dump but have extra stuff to carry. The basket would sure come in handy.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Len, I finally got my cargo bed seal, rails and bumper installed. They actually included three rails in the box from Kubota. I did advise the dealer but they were ordered in so they didn't have any orphans there. They said keep it. Anyway, here are some pics. I did run the bolts for the rails all the way through. Wifey is painting all the silver bolts flat black and removing some label glue from the bulk head with goo gone tomorrow. Thanks very much for the help and advice.

Attachments

• 20230223_171800.jpg
    20230223_171800.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230223_171804.jpg
    20230223_171804.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20230223_171817.jpg
    20230223_171817.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20230223_171825.jpg
    20230223_171825.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230223_171912.jpg
    20230223_171912.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32

Len 900

That Bumper looks very good and functional too! What are the two tabs with holes at the end of the bumper by the the pin for? Is the bumper removable by pulling the pins?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
The two mounting brackets attached to the dump bed pivot bolts. Tbe bumper mounts to them with carriage bolts. The whole assembly is rotated upward and bolted into the bed. You can use self tapping screws to attach it to a channel under the bed or drill all the way through and install with carriage bolts. I opted for the latter. There is no way to remove the bumper without doing that process in reverse. Hope that helps.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wifey is painting all the silver bolts flat black
Might be too late for your application but I found that Rustoleum hammered grey paint is very close to the Kubota OEM dark grey. I put a new grill guard on mine some years ago which came in the light silver. Spray painted it with this paint and you can't tell it isn't OEM color.

Len 900

I saw where another member put a sidekick shift knob on his x series after installing the straight line shiftier upgrade talked about in another thread. I gave it a try and like it. It does not have threads but presses on very tight and so far has not moved. It feels more ergonomic when shifting and as a bonus matches the four wheel drive knob. Cheap fun and functional for twelve dollars...lolIMG_2358.jpg

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I saw where another member put a sidekick shift knob on his x series after installing the straight line shiftier upgrade talked about in another thread. I gave it a try and like it. It does not have threads but presses on very tight and so far has not moved. It feels more ergonomic when shifting and as a bonus matches the four wheel drive knob. Cheap fun and functional for twelve dollars...lol
I too have the same knob on my shifter. Yours looks backwards to me...... I also used this grip off a bx tractor for my door opening latches: K2971-42782. when passengers ask "how do I get out of here ? I say push up on the orange knob.

1677769338743.jpeg

Last edited:

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Please tell me that green canister is full of Irish coffee!

Also Len, you are quite the visionary. Kubota is making the straight shifter handle an option for new full sized diesel RTVs