Sliding Windows RTV 1100

Botivo

<P mce_keep="true">Does anyone have any confirmation that Kubota will be placing sliding windows on the RTV 1100 in the near future? I'm a soldier in Iraq, we have a few of the RTV 900s. When looking at the RTV 1100s for future purchase we have been hearing rumor's they may come out with sliding windows on the doors. I also recieved an e-mail from Essex Manufacturing that stated Kubota may release the RTV 1100 with sliding windows.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Can anyone confirm or deny?</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Thanks,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Jim</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Baghdad, Iraq</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">First Jim,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> I want to thank you for serving our country. You have my upmost respect. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Welcome to the forum. Happy you walked threw our door !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> I have not heard of any of the 1100's having sliders yet. But, have purchased a 900 slider from Essex. Great product !!! I would imagine Essex would be one of the first to hit the market with them for the RTV 1100 series units .</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Did not know ya'll had any RTV's over there, just hope they are equiped with the High Rise Intakes. Ya'll would need them more than anybody ~~~~ Give us a report on how they are doing in that country !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

Jim, </p>

First of all, thanks for the great work that you are doing over there! I am also interested in hearing about how you are using the RTVs and how they are performing for you. Thanks.
</p>

Botivo

Wh<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>en </FONT>the war first started we primarly had Gators. Then there was a big push for the Ranger because of the speed. KBR the big civilian contractor exclusively uses the Mule. Some of the RTV 900s have arrived in theater over the past year. Our mechanics perfer the RTV due to the reliability and the deisel engine. We have some very harse conditions with the dust storms. The complete Army inventory (Green machines)are now deisel (JP8). The RTVsare not used in combat. We refer to them as FOB (Forward Operating Base) runners. They are used exclusively inside the wire. We pay a premium to get these things shipped here but are more cost effective than other forms of transporation.</P>

I'm from Missouri and will be returning home in a few months. I have been working with my dealer to purchasea RTV 1100for mycabin in the Ozarks. The 0% for 42 looked very attractive. I was about to pull the trigger on the purchase when I started hearing the rumors about the sliding windows on the doors.</P>

Here is part of the e-mail I received from Essex about the window sliders:</P><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Pricing for the items you inquired about are as follows:</FONT></P><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>26" SureFoot Tire Kit, w/ Type 7 wheels: $XXX</FONT></P><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Side Gates: $XXX per pair</FONT></P><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Bed Seats: $XXX each</FONT></P><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>The bed seats attach to the side gates with a convenient "J" bracket, and can easily be removed. You just lift the seat up and take it out. We don't currently offer any doors for the 1100, as Kubota is coming out with their own doors with sliding windows.</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></P><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Thanks again for your interest, and be sure to reply to this email, or call</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>1 (888) 643-7739, if you have any further questions or need pricing/ordering info by phone.</FONT></P><o:p><FONT face=Consolas size=3></FONT></o:p>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Thanks!</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Jason</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Consolas size=3>Essex Manufacturing, Inc</FONT></P>

I'll get some pictures of the RTVs in action here in Iraq and post them. You guys are great. I'm glad I found the forum.</P>

Thanks,</P>

Jim</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Anytime you can get 0% financing you are using their money for free and that is the only way to go. The Army needs to start ordering you guys the 1100 with air conditioning. The 1100 will also keep you from eating more of that Iraq sand with the enclosed cab. There were lots of complaints about no sliding windows in the 1100's doorsso I suspect Kubota will start installing them soon. Good luck over there!</P>

river

First, Jim, my utmost respect and thanks for your service in Iraq. I served a tour in Nam back in the 60's, and your situation seems even worse than ours was back then.</p>

Thanks for bringing up the possibility of sliding windows on the RTV1100. Like you, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an 1100, but would really like the sliding windows. The current 0% 42 month deal ends at the end of June. Will we know if the sliding windows will be available? Any dealer input here???</p>

Godspeed returning home safe and sound, and all your buddies too!</p>

Doug</p>

Deerlope

<P mce_keep="true">Jim, Thank you for your service to our great country. I also did some time during Nam. Get home safely and enjoy that RTV. You already know that its a good machine.</P>

G

<P mce_keep="true">I've not heard anything, but if it does happen I don't expect to see it soon. From what I hear, they are cranking the production line away as fast as possible right now and loading up dealer inventory because shortly they'll be doing an exclusive initial run of the RTV500 to get those orders filled. During that time, no 900's or 1100's will be built. Eventually they should have another production line for utility vehicles running. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">Kudos to our boys over seas. We actually shipped an RTV windshield over there, wonder if it was one of yours :)</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Being I only have a 900, need to ask this, does the RTV 1100 have a " flat " back glass, or is it contoured ? I cannot remember.</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I would imagine, that Essex, or a sourcelike that, would come out with a slider before Kubota. For the only " sliders " I've found is at aftermarket suppliers....</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3> I've installed one after hunting season, and really like that accessory !!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT face=Arial> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

Botivo

<P mce_keep="true">Two Guns,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">The rumor going around was sliding windows on the doors. A back glass slider would be great on the 1100 but I haven't heard anything about the back glass. I would consider buying one before June to get the 0% then replacing the doors later. I bet the cost of the doors would be high $$$.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">A RTV 1100 would be nice to have here right now. The temperatures are forecast to get up to 110 degrees for the rest of the week and it's only April. I'm ready for Deer Season temperatures and summer is not here yet. I did spent two months in New Orleans during Katrina. I do admit I'll take 110 degress of no humidity over 95 degrees of Louisiana with the high humidity.</P>

kubota kid

sliding windows

<P mce_keep="true">Does anyone have any confirmation that Kubota will be placing sliding windows on the RTV 1100 in the near future? I'm a soldier in Iraq, we have a few of the RTV 900s. When looking at the RTV 1100s for future purchase we have been hearing rumor's they may come out with sliding windows on the doors. I also recieved an e-mail from Essex Manufacturing that stated Kubota may release the RTV 1100 with sliding windows.</P>

I bought a 2011 rtv 100 with sliding side windows in oklahoma

kubota kid

First, Jim, my utmost respect and thanks for your service in Iraq. I served a tour in Nam back in the 60's, and your situation seems even worse than ours was back then.</p>

Thanks for bringing up the possibility of sliding windows on the RTV1100. Like you, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an 1100, but would really like the sliding windows. The current 0% 42 month deal ends at the end of June. Will we know if the sliding windows will be available? Any dealer input here???</p>

Godspeed returning home safe and sound, and all your buddies too!</p>

Doug</p>

i have a new rtv 1100 with sliding windows, they are great

kubota kid

sliding windows

<P mce_keep="true">Two Guns,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">The rumor going around was sliding windows on the doors. A back glass slider would be great on the 1100 but I haven't heard anything about the back glass. I would consider buying one before June to get the 0% then replacing the doors later. I bet the cost of the doors would be high $$$.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">A RTV 1100 would be nice to have here right now. The temperatures are forecast to get up to 110 degrees for the rest of the week and it's only April. I'm ready for Deer Season temperatures and summer is not here yet. I did spent two months in New Orleans during Katrina. I do admit I'll take 110 degress of no humidity over 95 degrees of Louisiana with the high humidity.</P>

I bought an rtv 100 with sliding windows, look at the 2011 models

kubota kid

sliding windows

my new 2011 rtv 1100 has the sliding windows, look at the n ew ones

kubota kid

windows

my new one has sliding windows