Speed issue-again

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the x1100c will never be a speed performer but there are some things you can do to get it to it's best. 31 inch tires are going to probably cost you some performance but 26 inch tires seem to be about the perfect fit. run the tires aired up to 20 psi will help also. run super udtII oil in the transmission and change it often. the hst speed lever is very very dependent on it's relationship with the throttle speed lever on the injection pump and the travel on the foot feed. the x1100c was derated jut a bit to keep it in the clean air spec so just a little adjustment to the fuel screw and a slight increase in rpm will get you to 25mph and also help with power in all speeds. the settings on these run from horrendous to pretty close from machine to machine and the service manual is written in a strange form of english that makes a simple adjustment hard to understand.

quartermeter

Larger heavier tires will slow it down you might try putting aluminum wheels on. The Diesel’s were built for torque and not so much speed. You might look at the intake air filter but sure it’s clean maybe putting a free flow air filter. I’m sure there’s something you can do to help it

Swjack

I’m new to the forum but I have a Kubota RTV900, how do I adjust the valve that almost throughs you through windshield when you let off the fuel pedal

aurthuritis

Site Supporter

this is what you need

quartermeter

this is what you need
So makes it coast & not slow down immediately. DOES THIS ALSO make them go faster? I have a 2010 900 XT so hopefully they make one for them also thanks.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it does soften the abrupt halt. sorry doesn't affect speed . yes there is a model made for the X machines. they are not interchangeable.

Reactions: Doc

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Just playing the devil's advocate here and having a RTV 900 and a RTV X1100 with a coast valve in the 900 and the x1100 without. The major trade off is your brake wear. With a coast valve you will be using your brakes to slow down and to stop there by wearing out your brakes a lot faster. I rarely use my brakes in the x1100, because I have learned to feather the throttle to slow and stop. With the coast valve I had to replace the brakes on the 900. Parts for brakes are about $250 for the 900 if I remember correctly. Also, I did the work myself, If you have a shop do it, I am guessing you can probably double that at a minimum.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Just playing the devil's advocate here and having a RTV 900 and a RTV X1100 with a coast valve in the 900 and the x1100 without. The major trade off is your brake wear. With a coast valve you will be using your brakes to slow down and to stop there by wearing out your brakes a lot faster. I rarely use my brakes in the x1100, because I have learned to feather the throttle to slow and stop. With the coast valve I had to replace the brakes on the 900. Parts for brakes are about $250 for the 900 if I remember correctly. Also, I did the work myself, If you have a shop do it, I am guessing you can probably double that at a minimum.
that is good advice. i have the coast valve in the old rtv 1100 and never use my brakes but i am a flat lander. the ujoint problems evaporated with the coast valve. i remember once a long time ago there was someone who adjusted the oem valve to lesson the dynamic braking,maybe a search would help solve???

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I did read where Kubota changed something in the X series which makes the braking force more tolerable.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I’m new to the forum but I have a Kubota RTV900, how do I adjust the valve that almost throughs you through windshield when you let off the fuel pedal
When I first got a used 2006 RTV900 I was shocked at the way it could throw you off the seat when letting of the accelerator. Folks here told me of the coast valve but also mentioned the advantage of the 900 slow down feature on hills. I have a lot of hills. That was in 2012. I soon learned to feather off the accelerator and got used to the quick stop feature. Since then I've owned a RTV 1140 and currently a RTV x1100c. I don't even think twice about the quick slow down. It is very handy on my hills and it is something you will get used to and learn to control so that it's not so bad over time. At least that is how it was for me. Good luck.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
on the older models there was a little gas strut device attached to the hst linkage that was supposed to feather the stop. mine was bad so the stops could be sudden and dangerous.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
The simplest and BEST solution (in my opinion) is to learn to let-up gently on the go-pedal, anticipating where you wish to stop (like you told your daughter when she was learning to drive the car.)

If you modify your RTV to a “coast valve”…you will be very disappointed when you find yourself racing down a slope someday trying to avoid a crash and riding the brakes so hard you lose directional control as the front steering wheels lock up on gravel.

There’s a REASON Kubota has engine-deceleration designed into an off-road vehicle such as the Rought-Terrain-Vehicles. It’s to prevent the drivers’ loss-of-control when going down slopes.

Be as good as your dog at learning new tricks…. Let up GENTLY and IN-CONTROL of your foot on the go-pedal instead of just yanking your foot up and biting the steering wheel.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just a note from a user of the coast valve in a heavy old rtv 1100 old style. without the coast valve the stops were sudden and violent if your foot slipped off the peddle to fast. installing the coast valve did not do away with dynamic braking at all. if i am going lets say 20 mph and take my foot off of the peddle the machine will brake itself dynamically and stop in about 20 feet. i rarely use the brakes. note that it is possible to adjust the original valve also. now the rtv1100 acts almost identical to the rtv x1100c as far as dynamic braking is concerned.