Speedometer not working

nnabors

Just got the 900. Speedometer is not working and there is nothing in the manual to trouble shoot with.
Anyone have any diagrams or installation instructions that shows exploded views to trouble shoot with?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome nnabors, Does it light up when the lights are turned on?- Have you checked the wires for damage on the rear of the speedometer? Oh and what year is it.? Bordercollie

nnabors

yes it does light up. Wires look fine. 010 model.

i do not know where to look on the transmission to see if something is not hooked up. Do you have any pictures or diagrams that show the transmission sensor so i will know what i am looking for?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Wish I had a answer >>>

It beeing that NEW, I would contact the dealership or let them fix it at their cost ....
Might be a bad guage, if all it is doing the lights are coming on >>>

...... two guns

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
yes it does light up. Wires look fine. 010 model.

i do not know where to look on the transmission to see if something is not hooked up. Do you have any pictures or diagrams that show the transmission sensor so i will know what i am looking for?

Two Guns is right. I would let them worry with it if it is under warranty. Back when I installed mine in "05, I remember jacking up the right side and putting the sensor in behind the wheel just beyond a horizontal spring. I think this is right but it was a long time ago. There are wires that plug into the sensor and maybe these have come loose. If the sensor is bad, then some transmission fluid will be lost when replacing so you may wish to wait till time to change the trans fluid and filters. Good Luck, Bordercollie

rellis3640

Had mine do the same thing and found after removing the gauge that there are 2 nuts on either side of the connections, the inside nuts were loose not allowing proper connection. Tightened everything up and reinstalled all worked fine.

nnabors

Looked at that. all the nuts seem to be tight. There are three post on one side that have the three prong plug that fits on. Then there is another single post on the opposite side that does not have anything plug on. Any ideas? Also, i got a wiring diagram from the dealer and i traced the wiring back and i found a plug on the harness with the color code matching the back of the speed. Nothing is pluged in and the diagram shows a rotation sensor which is what i believe should be the device in the transmission. So, i think the dealer may not have installed the sensor. Could you snap a picture of the sensor so i know what i am not seeing.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll bump the rep points of the first one to supply a pic for nnabors to use as a reference. :D

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Sensor Picture

See if this helps. Good Luck . Let us know... Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2397.JPG
    DSCF2397.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 69

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Picture #2 taken with flash tonight.So this is where I remember installing mine . good luck. Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2400.JPG
    DSCF2400.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 65

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Good picture of the sensor. And here is one of the plug you took out to install the sensor.

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 60