Supplier of NEW front axles and CV Joints

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good find Mr. Smith. Awesome. I'll keep that link handy. :D

Fitch

They claim to sell a 2003 to 2008 front outboard CV joint rebuild kit. The front outboard CV joint isn't rebuildable on my 2004 RTV. As far as I know there is no way to disassemble it. I just had it off the machine to replace the front boots.

I wonder how they do that?

The inboard CV joint is rebuildable.

Their boot kits don't include the retaining ring and snap ring that Kubota recommends replacing when the inboard CV joint is disassembled to replace the boots. I suppose those parts can be reused but there is probably a reason Kubota says to replace them.

I doubt they know more than the Kubota engineering staff, but that might just be me.

Fitch

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
With high hours, those clips get really thin. One of mine was paper thin on the '05 back when I redone it in 2011. collie

Fitch

With high hours, those clips get really thin. One of mine was paper thin on the '05 back when I redone it in 2011. collie

They were thin on mine at just under 2,000 hours as well. I bought the Kubota kits that came with the replacement retainers and their recommended CV joint grease.

Both Kubota kits come with the retainers. If one got the Kubota outboard boot kit, which includes everything needed to change both boots, including grease for both joints, except the inboard boot, and the inboard kit from the outfit in the link, it would be done right but for less money than buying both the inboard and outboard Kubota kits like I did.

Fitch