Tire size on new X series RTVs

Matt

As anyone tried or know if 27" tires will fit on them, I think I've seen others put 26" on them but haven't heard of anyone using 27". Also what about 14" rims versus 12"?

Thanks for info in advance.

Matt

Mark.Sibole

Personally for what little you gain in height it dost help.I stick with the original size tires.You go bigger you loose low end but gain a little on top end.Other than that personally I dont think its worth the hassle.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I have seen folks put oversize wheels/tires on golf carts to make them appear more like off-road buggies. However, they have also made them unstable and unsafe at anything over 5 mph. Just something to think about if lift-kits, cabs, oversize wheels/tires or other modifications are made to the RTV that might affect its stability and the operator and passenger safety. It's not cool to roll your RTV.

rapracing

Tailrotor

I put the same set up on mine in November. I noticed the other day the lug nuts are all rusting. Are you having that problem?

Matt

Tailrotor I put the same set up on mine in November. I noticed the other day the lug nuts are all rusting. Are you having that problem?

The ones on mine are rusting as well, poor quality chrome.

I understand basically what tire sizes mean but would anyone be able make it simple, one of the places where I get lost is a 12x8 rim with a 12x10 rim? What are the parameters like can a 12x12 or 12x11 tire fit a 12x8 rim? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I did a google search and it's still not clear as mud to me. Thanks in advance :)

fishinbill85

I have a set of 27" Essex surefoots on itp black delta steel wheels in a kit from KG motorsports. I re-used my original nuts and bolts because they were higher quality. They fit fine on my 2014 RTV-x1120d. Thought it was a weird setup having two lug studs and two lug nuts per hub though. Those 27" Essex tires are heavy (39lbs apiece) and will decrease your speed substantially. I am going to sell mine and get the 25" ones(23-26lbs)...they're just harder to find because they sell out and there is ONE distributor in the nation that handles them. Apparently they make these out of materials sourced directly from the core of the earth.

tlk

I have a set of 27" Essex surefoots on itp black delta steel wheels in a kit from KG motorsports. I re-used my original nuts and bolts because they were higher quality. They fit fine on my 2014 RTV-x1120d. Thought it was a weird setup having two lug studs and two lug nuts per hub though. Those 27" Essex tires are heavy (39lbs apiece) and will decrease your speed substantially. I am going to sell mine and get the 25" ones(23-26lbs)...they're just harder to find because they sell out and there is ONE distributor in the nation that handles them. Apparently they make these out of materials sourced directly from the core of the earth.

found mine at chapparalmotorsports.com free shipping and were here in 3 days - $660 for four of them - best price I could find by far

fishinbill85

I got mine with rims because I wanted to be able to swap them out with the work site tires that the machine came with so I didn't murder the yard during the year. The Essex tires are really aggressive lol!

shinnery

If you are buying tires you may want to look at DiscountTireDirect dot com. I got four (25-10-12s) delivered to my steps by the big brown truck for $320. They were the agressive tread 6 ply rated. What I need in all this sand.
Bryce

rapracing

6 ply will not work on the 1100c. Not enough tire for the weight.

Look here: allterrainonline.com

I put the STI Rocktane XD's on mine

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
The ones on mine are rusting as well, poor quality chrome.

I understand basically what tire sizes mean but would anyone be able make it simple, one of the places where I get lost is a 12x8 rim with a 12x10 rim? What are the parameters like can a 12x12 or 12x11 tire fit a 12x8 rim? Sorry if these are stupid questions but I did a google search and it's still not clear as mud to me. Thanks in advance :)

yes you can put a 1" wider tire om the stock rimsi woulnd't go any wider unless you get new rims.as for as the 27" tire goes if your just riding on trails or working around farm you won't notice much but if you get down and dirty in some mud thats when your gonna notice the power loss from the larger tires.you also have to look at tire weight too. here is a good place to check out the weights of atv utv tires

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/view.php?pg=tireweightchart