Tool box

Beerskie

Has any one put a tool box on a 2016 Mahindra 2538 open station other than attached to the ROPS. I can't seem to find an easy spot. Any help is appreciated, Thank you

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have that tractor but my concept remains the same.
On the RIGHT fender (as sitting in the seat), near side in the pic below, remove or move backwards, the light on the fender. Then bolt a toolbox on the flat part of that fender.

iu

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I said the right fender because your ingress/egress from the seat happens on the left side so putting it on the right, it won't be harder to get on the tractor.
On my tractor, I built a bit of a frame on the fender then set the toolbox on the frame. This makes it whereby I can swap out the toolbox or remove it for whatever reason then easily put it back in place.
The bungie cords hold it in place but also allow me to slide skinny tools between the toolbox lid and the cords.

~
Resized_20240201_160607.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like @bmaverick toolbox setup. It's been many years but I think I recall that location wasn't going to work for me.
I think it had to do with the space between the seat and the top link of the 3PH. When there's an implement attached to the 3PH, it wasn't an issue but with no implement, the storage hookup for the top link goes way up and really close to the ROPS posts.

Beerskie

I like @bmaverick toolbox setup. It's been many years but I think I recall that location wasn't going to work for me.
I think it had to do with the space between the seat and the top link of the 3PH. When there's an implement attached to the 3PH, it wasn't an issue but with no implement, the storage hookup for the top link goes way up and really close to the ROPS posts.
Some more good thoughts. thank you

Beerskie

After checking, i won't work for me as the fuel tank is right there so no room, but it was worth a shot

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have a bracket for hanging weights on the front of your tractor?
I put a toolbox there as well. Here's a pic of the cradle without the toolbox in place.
1708984879452.jpeg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't do the fender option?
Be advised that you're REALLY not supposed to drill into the ROPS so if you go that direction, use clamps.
If you drill into the ROPS, I don't think any dealer will ever take your tractor in on trade.

Beerskie

Can't do the fender option?
Be advised that you're REALLY not supposed to drill into the ROPS so if you go that direction, use clamps.
If you drill into the ROPS, I don't think any dealer will ever take your tractor in on trade.
Yep that's a given. I want to use the fender for my radio. At some point the lamp will light, and there will be a way. Just haven't seen i yet.