What ATV do you ride?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
GreenWannabe is right, a bunch of land. There's desert, mountains, canyons and rivers out here. You can ride til ya drop !

sounds like a riders dream. I would love for us to have a place like that. We just when & where we can

It sure does sound like a riders dream. I'd never get any work done if I had all that area to ride around. :hide: :D

N

Nicahawk

I really like my ATV's. I have two of them. Both are Hondas. One is a 300 four trax (2wd) and the other is the 450ES (4wd). I use the 450 most, as it is newest and bigger. The four wheel drive comes in handy on my hills. I have 4 or 5 miles of trails that wind up and down thru my 50 acres. Pretty darn nice. Anyone close enough is welcome to bring your ATV on over and ride with us some weekend. :thumb:

Here are my two. A '96 Polaris Sportsman 400 and a '98 Polaris Magnum 425. Neither one has very many hours/miles.

I really use the 425 a lot. With out it I would walk myself to death. It's my ride back and forth to the gardens, to the pasture, and just pleasure riding.

The 400 will scream with the two cycle, as fast as this old man wants to go anyway. I few years back I was chasing a buck (just for fun), and I totally flipped it in a rocky river bed. Luckily I didn't get too banged up but had to rebuild some of the steering. It's my sprayer rig now, and to pull the mowers out when I get them stuck.

Attachments

• Polaris 400 (600 x 399).jpg
    Polaris 400 (600 x 399).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Polaris 425 (600 x 399).jpg
    Polaris 425 (600 x 399).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 55

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Nica! :thumb:

I know what you mean about them saving you steps. I use them all the time for just that.
You tried chasing a Buck!! :yum: Glad you didn't get hurt to badly. When I come up on deer with the ATV my wife will talk baby talk to them and they perk up and tilt their heads and stay put for awhile. If I turn off the engine they run. Guess they are used to the sound of the engine. :confused:

B

bczoom

I had several ATV's until I got a RTV. Once I got that, I found that at least 90% of my driving was in the RTV so I sold most of the ATV's (I kept one for myself and a couple for the kids).

It's not fast but what it can accomplish for chores is unbelievable.

Here's an older picture of the RTV.

Attachments

• MVC-634S.JPG
    MVC-634S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 45

haffasst

bc, We use the Kawasaki mules on our construction sites and your right. they save time, labor and steps. I have been thinking about getting one for home, but I just hate to part with the cash-----LOL:yum:

Archdean

to quote bczoom "It's not fast but what it can accomplish for chores is unbelievable."

not to mention it will last forever, spendy at first but the best thing I ever bought and can't imagine being without it!!

BTW nice to see you again BC!

Attachments

• Saved from C Drive 253.jpg
    Saved from C Drive 253.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 43

rollerman

I currently have no ATV's....lack of local rideing area & hi fuel cost kept me from going anywhere with them to ride.
I did manage to take the ATV's "friends, FIL's, & sons then learner" to KY & ride once...made rideing around here dull after comeing back from that.
Im a habitual swapper too. :hide:
So I did have an Arctic Cat 700EFI...I then traded it for a Suzuki Z400 for the boy & a Kawasaki KFX700 for me.
The big Kawi sat just like the AC did & I traded it for a boat...LOL
The wife & I enjoy the boat though & my son I think has put several thousand miles on that Z400 rideing around his granpa's yard.
My truck will be payed off next febuary & I hope to buy another utility....I miss that big Arctic Cat now.

The AC 700EFI in Pikeville,KY
gettingreadyforrideing.jpg

The sons Z400
005.jpg

THe Kawasaki KFX700...sounded great but really sucked the gas down fast!!
056.jpg

D

Deerlope

I really like my ATVs. I have two of them. Both are Hondas. One is a 300 fourtrax (2wd) and the other is the 450ES (4wd). I use the 450 most, as it is newest and bigger. The four wheel drive comes in handy on my hills. I have 4 or 5 miles of trails that wind up and down thru my 50 acres. Pretty darn nice. Anyone close enough is welcome to bring your ATV on over and ride with us some weekend. :thumb:

We had 2 Polarises until the wife almost killed herself with the 500 Mag. She was somewhat in expencenered in riding and flipped it over backward onto herself, before that she rolled it. Yep right over herself. So I said heck this will never happen again and I sold them both. We now have a Bota RTV w/tracks. The snow gets deep here.

Archdean

Deerlope I am interested in the RTV tracks you talked about, not for mine in OK but for my brothers in upstate NY!

Please discuss likes/dislikes and a picture or two would be great!

thank you,

D

Deerlope

Well I am in up state NY, like 20 miles from the border. Mine are Soucey tracks and they will take me anywhere I want to go in 2WD, diffcult areas might need differ lock and hard places differ lock and 4WD. 98 % of the time I am in 2WD. The only dislike is when I have to take them off. I may have to invest in an 1100.

Attachments

• WILMA 002.jpg
    WILMA 002.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 27
D

Deerlope

One more

Attachments

• Wilma and the new tracks.jpg
    Wilma and the new tracks.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 27

Archdean

Now for the 64K ?, where is your borther located?

Nearest landmark would be Fillmore NY (on a little over 300 acres mostly wooded with some flat tillable land).

We grew up as boys on a dairy farm and had very diverse careers (now both retired) which never eliminated our desire to return to the farming rural life! Hence his present most fervent hobby!

Thats a tad more than 0.64 cents worth!

I sent your pictures to him and we just got off the phone asking me to see if he could call you about your tracks, he is more than interested and a great guy!

Please reply to me on my site below so I don't take Doc's time!

Thanks
Dean

650 rincon and a 250 ozark for the wife.

so far they have just been help around the house vehicles. Made a few toys for the rincon to pull to help with chores. Took them out once to play, had a great time, just wish I could get her to get out more.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 25

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pic. Nice load of wood you have there.
We don't get out and ride ours as much for 'fun' anymore either. They sure are handy for work though.