X1100C Hand Throttle

Amarillo

Exciting times.... My Kubota dealer called today and my X1100c is here after a short wait for availability. I took it for a test drive and the salesman gave me a pretty good introduction. I'm having some LED work lights, a back screen, window tint and a cruise control installed so I wait just a little longer for delivery. After leaving today I realized that I didn't quite understand what the hand throttle is useful for. I didn't even think that came standard but the salesman said it does on the X110c. I've read some of the threads here that talk about the hand throttle being a nice add on but I don't know why. Would anyone be good enough to explain what uses I'll have with that or any information at all regarding the hand throttle? I'm ignorant to that so any information would be appreciated.

uncleDerek

Exciting times.... My Kubota dealer called today and my X1100c is here after a short wait for availability. I took it for a test drive and the salesman gave me a pretty good introduction. I'm having some LED work lights, a back screen, window tint and a cruise control installed so I wait just a little longer for delivery. After leaving today I realized that I didn't quite understand what the hand throttle is useful for. I didn't even think that came standard but the salesman said it does on the X110c. I've read some of the threads here that talk about the hand throttle being a nice add on but I don't know why. Would anyone be good enough to explain what uses I'll have with that or any information at all regarding the hand throttle? I'm ignorant to that so any information would be appreciated.
You will want it for better more power going up hills,the engine will stay at a higher rpm.
Congratulations on your machine!

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
There are two types of hand throttles available on the X1100C - 1) the one that is standard on all machines and 2) the one you can add on that is more robust. According to the users manual and the dealers, the one that is standard is to be used for warming up the machine in cold weather. It just sets the engine to run at a higher than idle rpm's. The manual is quite emphatic when warning that it is not for driving use! The optional hand throttle is used to boost engine rpm's when running such add-on equipment as power sweepers, etc.. BUT, even then I've seen warnings that this is not intended for driving use. On my X900 I added the hand throttle kit and it did help while plowing going up hill so I thought I should order it when I purchased my X1100C. It was backordered when I took delivery and that is when I realized the machine came with the standard one. I opted to cancel the order for the optional one and I have found the standard one to be adequate for my plowing needs. It is not as nice as the optional one in that it it is essentially a fixed on/off device rather than the adjustable mechanism with the optional kit.

Amarillo

There are two types of hand throttles available on the X1100C - 1) the one that is standard on all machines and 2) the one you can add on that is more robust. According to the users manual and the dealers, the one that is standard is to be used for warming up the machine in cold weather. It just sets the engine to run at a higher than idle rpm's. The manual is quite emphatic when warning that it is not for driving use! The optional hand throttle is used to boost engine rpm's when running such add-on equipment as power sweepers, etc.. BUT, even then I've seen warnings that this is not intended for driving use. On my X900 I added the hand throttle kit and it did help while plowing going up hill so I thought I should order it when I purchased my X1100C. It was backordered when I took delivery and that is when I realized the machine came with the standard one. I opted to cancel the order for the optional one and I have found the standard one to be adequate for my plowing needs. It is not as nice as the optional one in that it it is essentially a fixed on/off device rather than the adjustable mechanism with the optional kit.
Okay BiffNH, that makes sense. I was unaware that there were two different types. The salesman demo'd the standard hand throttle while raising and lowering the hydraulic bed. He said you can raise the RPM's with it if you have a heavy load in the bed to dump and he mentioned using it to warm the vehicle up. I guess it will be one of those things I seldom use. There aren't many hills or snow plowing here in Amarillo. Thanks for the information! I appreciate it.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I can’t be enthusiastic about running a cold engine at high rpm to “warm it up” faster. I prefer to let it warm up at slower speed and avoid high rpm until the engine has reached normal operating temperature.

As for the use of the hand-throttle… it will be helpful with running hydraulics faster or under heavier loadings…such as that dump bed.