Torque setting for 914 60" deck

ricktrue

I replaced all the bearings on my 914 deck and need to set the torque on the three spindles. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I don't have that tractor or mower.
Are you referring to the bolts that hold the spindles to the deck or the bolt that holds the blade to the spindle?
The only answer I can come up with for either is... tight.

ricktrue

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I don't have that tractor or mower.
Are you referring to the bolts that hold the spindles to the deck or the bolt that holds the blade to the spindle?
The only answer I can come up with for either is... tight.
Hi, thanks, I’m speaking of the nuts that hold the spindle shaft to the top of the spindle. The opposite end holds the blades.

strong007

Hello, ricktrue! I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM when I was still working on my grandfather's tractor. Still, I realized that I would buy a new compact tractor instead of spending money on parts for my tractor. So I can't help you with anything, except how to buy a new compact tractor, or ask people who are more closely connected with tractor repair than me. I can only advise you of good luck to solve your problem and start using your tractor. Although, I can find the contacts of a person who sells supported tractor parts, and if you need it, write to me in PM.