1100 acting up

tlk

my 1100 is out at my deer lease. was running it this weekend - cruising down a flat road running around 16-18 mph. Unit will suddenly lose a little power for a second or two and then go back to running normal. Did it off and on all weekend. If I went down into a small dip when I was pulling out of it the unit would also bog down for a few seconds

any ideas on what could be causing a temporary loss of power?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What about the fuel filter? They will cut out when dirty. I would start there. If there is sediment in the tank, it could get dirty again quickly. Some folks have had to clean out the tank as well- but start with the cheapest and easiest fix first. Make sure your fuel is fresh too. collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Diesel can get like that if it sits around. If the place you get it at just got a load in then all the sediment was probably churned up in their tank. I like to use a fuel treatment in ours here on the farm. We use Lucas among others Lots of brands out there and lots of opinions too. Our old member Two Guns swore by the Mr Funnel a great filter for adding fuel to your tank. Our farm tank has a filter on the pump so I seldom need to change filters but do at least once a year- that is about 600 hrs for me.
If it happens again maybe clean out your tank too. collie

edit: over 15 years of goop had collected in our 500 gallon diesel tank's bottom .. every time they filled it that bottom sediment stuff would get stirred up . Finally I got the tank empty enough ,and no need for a fast refill ,to rock easily and decide I'd clean it out.. Wow ! it was over a 55 gallon drum of goop in there. I picked up the end with the skid steer and drained it out and at times was so thick, I had to wiggle the tank to get it flowing out. That is one reason to not put a pump's suction pipe on the bottom of the tank and always always use a filter on the pump.
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14608&highlight=funnel

Last edited:

tlk

by the way when changing out the fuel filter I found my oil cap laying on top of my engine from when my dealer serviced it about 30 hours ago. No telling what all got into my engine.

I also was having trouble with the shifting. Tried the hard press on the brake, etc. to no avail. Finally a couple of days ago it would not shift at all. So I towed it into a different dealer and had them check it. The fluid was two quarts low! I asked if there was a leak and they said no. So my guess is the first dealer also did not change out that fluid like I asked them to do. Frustrating