1100 owners and oversize tires

Do any of you 1100 RTV new owners have oversize tires on your machine.......</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">If so what size???</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Ron from Michigan had rubbing with 26 inch tires............</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">The 900 RTV seems to have no trouble going to the 27 inch............</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Any and all thoughts will be appreciated...........THANK YOU.,,,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</P>

ddttweeks

Rusty Anvil I posted this on the other topic. 27x9x12 front and 27x11x12 rear itp mudlite xtr radials no rubbing so far. 9 inch front might be the answer.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I believe nine is the secret >>>> I have 27 ITP's on my RTV 900 ~~~ 9" front ~~~ 11" back</P>

NO RUBBING AT ALL ~~~~ </P>

DDTTWEEKS AND TWO GUNS,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU,,You made my day...........When I saw that post from Michigan, I didn't know what to think.............</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil..........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">P.S. Friends always come through with good news...........</P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Rusty Anvil, I also have a 900 and have the 27" tall Mudlite XTRs, 12" rim and 9"front and 11"rear. I can't speak for the 1100 owners though since I have the 900. What type tires are you looking for?Also are you worried about side to side rubbing like when you turn or is it from the weight of the 1100 bearing down? I have heard that some pattern types are taller than others so check this.I read on some tire site before I bought mine that the 27's Mudlite XTR tread was 1/8" deeper than the 26"XTRs Not just was the tire bigger but you got more tread too. Good Luck with this.Bordercollie[&][&]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Pay attention & listen closely to bordercollie >>>> that member, I do believe, has more true running hours than anyone on this forum >>>> Bordercollie , from what I understand, has no rubbing on their unit >>>> And also,works the 27" tires much on their farm >>></P>

Know the 27" 589's M / S is for a fact, 27 1/2 inches tall, and we have no rubbing >>>> but then again, we have the 900 series also >>>>> Was a thinking, is there any difference in the way the front end of the machines are produced, for sure, they have the heavy duty springs on the front to carry the heavier load of the specialties that the 1100 have >>>> just don't know, but going to find out as soon as I can, going to make a trip to my dealer, and measure much on the front , just to see >>>>></P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

Bordercollie and Two Guns,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">You guys are amazing for answers,,,,,I want a machine that will go down a hill loaded or unloaded turn to the right or left with no trouble and just do what it is supposed to do with no trouble.........I think two guns has a real good point about measuring the machines.........My dealer is 75 miles away so I don't know when I will get there to measure but I know someone will be curious and do us a favor...........Two Guns if you would please check the clearance for the mud flaps in the front on the 11000.............Maybe because the nose of the 100 is rounded off that they had to tighted up the clearance of the whole machine..............Oh well, time will tell.........A tech rep told me yesterday that the only ITP rims that will fit on a 1100 is the type 4..............I have a memo into the main office for ITP.....I hope to get the real scoupe from ITP today...............This sure is a crazy world............</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Thanks again guys,,,,,,,,,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil.....</P>

Two Guns,,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">I measured the 1100 today for clearance..........Whether I turned the wheels all the way to the right or to the left here are the measurements I got.....</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">From tire to the frame that holds on the bumper and winch, it has a 2 inch clearance with worksite 25 x10x12 tires.....</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">From tire to the bracket that holds on the optional mud guards it has a 1 1/2 inch clearance.........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">I hope I explained this so you can understand........Now you can measure your 900 and then give me your highly regarded opinion .........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">If BC, EZ, Bordercollie, Ddttweeks, or anyone else that I have forgotten, Please give me you opinions......all information is highly appreciated...</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil..........</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Rusty,</P>

Just measured mine, turning it either way, just as you described..... I have 1 1/4 inch from the tire to the brackets on the optional mud guard....but it only gets to that point when the wheel is turned ALL THE WAY AND HELD THERE ... other than that, there is more room to play with >>></P>

On the other measurement, frame to tire, where youdesribed, It is a BIG GAP ~~~~ I didn't even measure it, wasn't no need. In my case, there will never be a tire thinking about hitting there !! Now, let me state this, the ONLY PLACE that a tire on my machine would ever hit, would have to be the place you described as the bracket to the mud flaps.....But again, if it ever hit !!! That would be the tightest spot ever.... But like I said, mine don't rubb ~~~~ I have the 27" 589's on mine, 9" front >>> 11" back ( tires are mounted on the ITP TYPE 4 C-SERIES ALUMINUM RIMS )</P>

Maybe the front of the 1100 is framed different than the 900, but I wouldn't think so >>>> [*-)]</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> <FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

TWO GUNS,,,,,,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">That is what I did, turn it all the way and held it there. The mud flap bracket was the only one that seemed close.............THANKS a heap...........You never fail anyone on this site........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,</P>

ddttweeks

Rusty Anvil the type 4 are the only itp wheels that will fit the kubota. Super Grip makes the 5 star and a turbine wheel. Thats the only 3 that I found.

Ron

Rusty on my 1100 with ITP 589 M/S 26x9x12 front tires with the wheel turned hard the clearence between tire and mud flap braket is not big enough to put a finger between. I thought it would be ok and it is most of the time but when you get body roll in a hard turn you do rub. I wish I had stayed with the 25's but if I keep them, then that's alright to. We are getting hit real hard with a winter storm tonight and just came back from a ride in street shoes and a sweat shirt and enjoyed busting large snow drifts. The wind is really blowing, snow is drifting, trees are full of snow what a beautiful site sitting in the 1100 with heat on radio playing and watching the storm unfold. If you have any questions you sure could call me. I will be flying to Bowling Green Kentucky in the morning to deliver a new Corvette right from the Corvette plant, but will be back for dinner, so just give me a call, if I can help! Ron 989-240-3450........Gud Evening !

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Rusty Anvil, Two Guns keeps his pencil sharp so what he says you can believe. I will try to measure mine tomorrow.We also need to find out the weight of an 1100 compared to the 900 just in case it has the same /different springs but maybe a sig.difference in weight?. 1856 hrs and counting.Bordercollie[&][&]

DDTTWEEKS,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">I also found out tonight that ITP dealers won't put super grip 5 star wheels on ITP tires...........ITP won't allow it..........But they will sell you the tires and wheels unmounted...........Now isn't that a bunch of crap...........</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil....</P>

JW1

Rusty and Two Guns - </P>

I would like to measure a 900 and 1100 clearance side by side with the samefactory tires. I know the 1100 has the heavier springs and struts vs the 900. If you put a cab on the 900 or add a snow plow you will have to upgrade to the heavier suspension that the 1100 has as standard equipment. From reading all of the posts it seems the spacing is a little closer to the mud flap bracket on the 1100 than it is on the 900. When Two Guns is measuring it is on the 27" ITP 589's which is 9" wide mounted on ITP type 4 C series rims.The tire is 27 1/2 " tall but not sure what the height is installed, will have some variance due to inflation pressures, etc. Rusty is measuring the worksite tires, 25" factory tires which is 10" wide mounted on factory rims. Not sure of the exact dimensions which also can vary with inflation pressures. The tire stated width and actual width can also vary, shape of the tire shoulders ( lug style), etc. can have some small degree of influence. The rims can also effect the clearance measurements if their offset is any different from each other. To get exact clearance variances I would like to measure two new units side by side at the dealership and just to be safe also check tire inflation pressures to confirm consistency and then post the results. Will keep my tape measure in my pocket next time I go by the dealership. Thank you guys for all the very useful information.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
ddttweeks,</P>

Are you still rub free with your 27 inchers on your RTV 1100 ?</P>

ddttweeks

Two Guns so far no rubbing. I've only been on two rides since I put them on. Mixed terrain with water, snow and breaking some ice. Last ride had three people in the cab, my tool box in the back, and cooler full. I have not tried them with a load of wood yet. I'll keep you guys posted if I have any problems.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Rusty Anvil, I have about the same measurements as TWO GUNS. The only difference being I have about 1"clearance in the tight area mentioned. Probably because I have the XTR's. They probably won't sell the tires you were talking about mounted because of lawyer talk . Ya'll have a good evening and good luck with this! Bordercollie[&][&]