1100 Troubles *** Has Shaft Problems with Tracks

muffler man

It can also be caused by an over load condition. I have seen it happen on the older vw bugs with splined rear axles.

jbiglane

Hi,</P>

I like all RTV track owners would like to know what caused the spline problems on the 1100s. I do know the following. I have had Mattrack on one of our 900s for over 3 years & have well in excess of 250 hours on them with only one problem. (A spindle broke on the right front track. This was probably due to the failure of the spindle berring.) I do not believe that any one has used their tracks in worse conditions than we do. (See attached photos) We are also in the process of installing tracks on 2 used 1100s now.</P>

James</P>

Deerlope

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! those are some super pics. Just what kind of work are you into? We are all waiting to hear what may have cause the axles to strip. Then again we may never know.

JBIGLANE,,,</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">You better keep that door closed or you will have a gator for a passenger............[:)] Hey Two Guns this is what you need to go way into the swamps to feed those gators.........That is a GREAT looking machine........Thanks for the pictures.....</P>
<P style="__styleDocument: [object]">Rusty Anvil...........</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
They would be handy at times !!!! ~~~~~</P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=4> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=4>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

JayC

Wow, I can see why you need those tracks! That is some intense mudding. Someone should post those pics at the other site since they seem to be obsessed about the 3-wheel "issue." Ok, I'll shut up now. [:D]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey James,

Welcome back!! Haven't heard from you in awhile.

OK, what's with the duck on the back?

Oh, it looks like you got your RTV a little dirty...

Can you get enough speed to waterski?

Brian

James with your macine in that much water have you ever lost an alternator or had other water problems in the engine. I have a new RTV900 with only 4 hours on it and my dealer said he had seen several with blown alternators from running them in deep water and that the engines are not water tight. He was giving me a heads up about using in water.

jbiglane

I am in the farming (rice, cotton, corn, ect) and oil buisness in the MISS-LOU area. We have been using atv, utv in our oilfield operations for over 30 years (6 wheels, 4 wheels, track, ect). The rtv with tracks is best we have used. It was not that way at first. We purchased 2 900 after they came out and we had trouble with them bog down in all of our daily operations in mud or water. We then purchased tracks for them and still had problems. I then decided to sell the 900 and did sell one. I was reading on the net about the turbo unit for kubota rtv 900being put together by Colorado company, I call the company andthe dealertold me all I needed was the hand throttle (v4241) and not his turbo.He was right.</P>

The duck on the back of rtv in the pictures is a mojo battery powered duck decoy. We have not had anyalternator problem with our rtv runing in water. We did sink one in a drainage ditch befor we got tracks but we got it out changed all fluids and it was ok. The rtv is run in the water in 4 wheel drive without the diff lock being pushed on. We usually run in high gear. We do not water ski behind the rtv.</P>

For what it worth I have put about 15 hours on one of the 1100 we purchased (driven with and without tracks) in my opion it has more torque than my 900. I can come up inclines in high that I would have to use low in my 900. We have also been told by a dealer that kubota had told his people how incress the output of the hudraulic pumps and we are in the process of having it done ( That is all I know about increasing the output).</P>

James</P>