1963 2010

Jake1981

Does anybody know what the carburetor adjustments are on a 1963 2010? And is the distributor a 6 volt or a 12 volt? The one that’s in it says 6 volt but the system is all 12 volt. Thanks

jdgreen

The distributor and coil are 6 volt. There is a resistor in the circuit that cuts back the voltage. THe carburetor adjustments aren't so cut and dried. It should idle about 600 rpm. You need to adjust the idle mixture screw so you get a nice smooth idle and the load screw needs to be rich enough to prevent stumbling on acceleration without excess smoke.

jdgreen

The tach is mechanically driven with a cable. Try disconnecting the cable from the back of the tach and then start the engine. if inner cable spins, then the tach is bad. If it doesn't spin, then the cable is bad.

Jake1981

The tach is mechanically driven with a cable. Try disconnecting the cable from the back of the tach and then start the engine. if inner cable spins, then the tach is bad. If it doesn't spin, then the cable is bad.
Thank you!

Jake1981

I have one more question. When I put it in reverse and let out the clutch it grinds but if I slam it into reverse sometimes it works. Is that a gear or maybe an adjustment??

jdgreen

There are several different versions of 2010's and different shifters. From your profile picture, I think I see you have the shifter on right side of dash. If so, then it could be adjustment or could also be worn pars in shift linkage. There are adjustable yokes on shift rods to shorten or lengthen as needed. If there is excess play in quadrants or linkage, that will need to be repaired to shift properly. You also could have internal wear on gears, synchronizers or shift forks. Tractor needs to be split to repair those issues.

daneg

I have had the tach cable wear the square end round inside the tach, try pulling the cable out about a 1/2 inch then turn the cable slowly with a drill if the tach works it is the cable.