2008 1100 Idle speed specs?

I've been through the kubota rtv manual a few times and can't find anything related to the idle rpm that the machine should be set at. Mine feels like its low but I can't find the spec so that I know where to adjust it to.
thanks

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I wanted to drop the RPM's at idle when I first got my X900 back in 2014 and I was told that the idle is not adjustable. Since then I have not inquired or explored more. On my new X1100C they have a hand throttle so the "idle" speed can be increased for cold weather start-ups. Let us know if your explorations finds otherwise.

I wanted to drop the RPM's at idle when I first got my X900 back in 2014 and I was told that the idle is not adjustable. Since then I have not inquired or explored more. On my new X1100C they have a hand throttle so the "idle" speed can be increased for cold weather start-ups. Let us know if your explorations finds otherwise.
I have the hand throttle as well but there is a stop screw on the injection pump. I just don't know what to set it to.

Smilingreen

According to the 2021 WSM, it should be between 1350 & 1450 RPM.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 11.56.54 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 11.56.54 AM.png
    76 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
When I bought my “lightly used” 2014 X900 in spring of 2016… it had very few hours on it…but it idled “lightly rough”…it seemed.
It wasn’t for a couple months before I discovered the recommended idle rpm was considerably higher than most engines I’ve owned/operated.

The problem was having no tachometer on board to determine what the actual idle rpm was/is… I suspect the prev. owner thought that diesels are SUPPOSED to idle slowly…and he reduced it to the point of excessive vibration and “rattling“ noise…in my opinion.

Lacking a tach…i increased the idle to the point of simply being “smooth”…. and I noticed that starting and driving the vehicle was suddenly much better, especially at low speeds. I’ve only used that as the judge…smooth idle and low vibration….and a WAG that it’s now about right.

When I bought my “lightly used” 2014 X900 in spring of 2016… it had very few hours on it…but it idled “lightly rough”…it seemed.
It wasn’t for a couple months before I discovered the recommended idle rpm was considerably higher than most engines I’ve owned/operated.

The problem was having no tachometer on board to determine what the actual idle rpm was/is… I suspect the prev. owner thought that diesels are SUPPOSED to idle slowly…and he reduced it to the point of excessive vibration and “rattling“ noise…in my opinion.

Lacking a tach…i increased the idle to the point of simply being “smooth”…. and I noticed that starting and driving the vehicle was suddenly much better, especially at low speeds. I’ve only used that as the judge…smooth idle and low vibration….and a WAG that it’s now about right.
Yeah I'm dealing with this same problem, she shakes and rattles so hard at idle you can't have a conversation in the cab. I just wanted to find a spec for the sake of the hydro trans really. I got a photo tac from amazon and figured I'd at least see how it does at the rated specification.