2009 Kubota RTV Hydraulic Dump not Working

gillfinn

I have two corroded quick release couplers in two remotes that are at the rear of my Kubota RTV. They're currently in use for the hydraulic plow setup, so my dump bed doesn't work. I want to remove the plow, I don't need it so I'll sell it, but I'm not only wondering how to unstick those couplers, but what configuration I need to get that dump working again. I was told all I had to do was unplug the remotes and fluid would return to the dump. Thanks for any help.154967518_2800677446865350_3549877106230505122_o.jpgthumbnail_20210316_112139.jpg

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, I'm not sure how your blade is hooked up as I only see 2 hoses on you machine and wonder if the bed hoses are bypassed underneath - if the bed hoses are the same on the 1100?? My experience is with a 900 . When I used my weed wiper with hydraulic cylinders on my RTV 900,, I would remove the quick disconnect hyd hoses that went to the dump bed. Then I hooked up the wiper hoses to those quick disconnect ports. When I got done with the wiper, I removed the hoses and put the dump bed hoses back on. I marked mine so I'd know which ones went where. Be sure to use those covers hanging down when done they help keep the ends clean. It could be you just disconnect them on the 1100. I live in the deep south so not familiar with this plow sit up. nor the 1100 configuration.
Those quick disconnects can get grit and dirt under them and get stiff. The way I did it is to use a lot of wd 40 or that type spray , and spray with the little red hose all around the quick disconnect where it's supposed to move . Try to rotate, use a little air to gently blow in the crevice, wiggle again spray again , air, repeat ..and you should be able to eventually get it to move. Also make sure there is no pressure on the hyd system . such as dropping the blade and working the lever after the engine is off . I dont remember if there is a safety notch on these connections with a little nipple that needs to be lined up with a notch but it could be.. there are on our skid steer . bordercollie

Last edited:

gillfinn

Hi, I'm not sure how your blade is hooked up as I only see 2 hoses on you machine and wonder if the bed hoses are bypassed underneath - if the bed hoses are the same on the 1100?? My experience is with a 900 . When I used my weed wiper with hydraulic cylinders on my RTV 900,, I would remove the quick disconnect hyd hoses that went to the dump bed. Then I hooked up the wiper hoses to those quick disconnect ports. When I got done with the wiper, I removed the hoses and put the dump bed hoses back on. I marked mine so I'd know which ones went where. Be sure to use those covers hanging down when done they help keep the ends clean. It could be you just disconnect them on the 1100. I live in the deep south so not familiar with this plow sit up. nor the 1100 configuration.
Those quick disconnects can get grit and dirt under them and get stiff. The way I did it is to use a lot of wd 40 or that type spray , and spray with the little red hose all around the quick disconnect where it's supposed to move . Try to rotate, use a little air to gently blow in the crevice, wiggle again spray again , air, repeat ..and you should be able to eventually get it to move. Also make sure there is no pressure on the hyd system . such as dropping the blade and working the lever after the engine is off . I dont remember if there is a safety notch on these connections with a little nipple that needs to be lined up with a notch but it could be.. there are on our skid steer . bordercollie
Thanks for the info, I'll give the above a shot and see what happens. I have been hitting them with WD, but so far no luck. I'll try the air approach as well and see what happens.

Reactions: Doc
A couple more suggestions:
1) Put the Hydraulic Lever in Float, engine off. This will eliminate any line pressure that may prevent the coupler release from working. Under pressure, the couplers can be very difficult at best. I would suggest line pressure is at issue, if both front and rear couplers are 'stuck'.
2) If this is new to you purchase, have you ever had the dump bed up? If yes, was it manual or hydraulic? If you were able to lift manually, ensure there is actually a hydraulic cylinder installed.

Just food for thought.

Reactions: Doc