2014 x900 broken exhaust

dan900

I know there has been discussion about broken exhaust here before. My 2014 x900 finally did it. I have around 3500 miles and 500 hours on the machine. I have the extended warranty, so looks like I'll check it out. I dropped it off at the dealer Friday. The tech told me he has seen a couple or so of them do this. The exhaust pipe broke just aft of the flange where it bolts to the engine. I discovered it before the aluminum housing, further back, broke. So, hopefully it will be a simple bolt on repair. They had to order the part, so I don't expect to hear from them until late this week. You don't realize how much you use it until it's not available.

Exhaust (2).jpg

10-e-c-dirt

That's where my X900 broke, Out of warranty, just put a straight out on and kept going LOL
BTW, just turn the hearing aid off..

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Exact same issue TWICE on my 05. The second weld has held for maybe 800 hours now where the 1st one lasted maybe 200..........For me, I think it's a bit of stress the way the muffler kind of twists a bit the way it mounts and puts just a bit of constant sideways stress on the exhaust itself.

dan900

Well I got my x900 back yesterday. The dealer put a new muffler on it. They also looked it over and replaced the fuel tank. There was an inspection notice several months ago about the tank. The tech said it was about ready to leak so they went ahead and put a new one on it. All covered by the extended warranty. Next time the exhaust breaks, and it probably will, I'll weld it if possible, but hopefully it's good to go.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
My exhaust system broke at the flange of the exhaust manifold and very shortly thereafter broke the aluminum bracket on the transmission! It was in the first year of ownership in 2015 and the dealer finally went to bat for me and the repair was covered, but Kubota did not want to warranty it. They said someone must of stepped on the exhaust pipe after the muffler! I argued that as absolutely irrational since the muffler bracket was fine and it was at the other end of the exhaust system that broke. The flange at the exhaust manifold had no welding on it and it looked to be a press fit! It vibrated apart and the subsequent vibration broke the next bracket downstream. The repair was extensive but now 4000 miles later it seems fine.