A bridge to somewhere

Oldpath

For those that haven't seen and might want to.
aNPkPsbh.jpg

4uBwXoWh.jpg

JyfccTCh.jpg

lDS3lMch.jpg

tM482CBh.jpg

uN755XBh.jpg

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
I used old motor oil, this summer I might try Copper Coat to see if that will make wood last longer. I'm hoping to get 10 years out of the bridge and 20 years out of me.... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wolman-...elow-Ground-Wood-Preservative-1902A/204746309
Very nice, I have the exact same Norwood sawmill, right down to the same damaged plastic that covers the sawblade. lol. If you have access to FB, here is my link.

Also, I use the same CopperCoat Green below ground wood preservative, but I haven't been using it long enough to be able to report back on its effectiveness. But the fact that California banned it makes me feel it will probably do the job out here.

1614559720865.png

1614559752210.png

1614559802688.png

1614560042417.png

1614560096381.png

Oldpath

I dont do FB, that 3rd pic down has some squirrelly grain to it.
When the tire bands on the band wheels get worn they start getting spongy then the blade keeps coming off, makes it hard on plastic. Norwood told me last fall that the MX34 is now becoming obsolete and the plastic cant be replaced but most add-on options can be, if one dont mind waiting 6 months plus.

My son is the one that has sawdust in his blood, good thing cause he can figure lots of things out, I prefer weekend tractor work.....
H0xnWI1h.jpg

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
That's a nice setup your son has. Do you burn those left over Oak sides in an outdoor boiler as well? Oh, and let me know if that mouse blocker pro works for ya, I'm literally being eaten alive out here.

Oldpath

That's a nice setup your son has. Do you burn those left over Oak sides in an outdoor boiler as well? Oh, and let me know if that mouse blocker pro works for ya, I'm literally being eaten alive out here.
I'm saving the oak slabs til I get all the soft wood slabs burnt up where some are pushing 7 years old like here in these pics. For the past 4 years I been going through 8 of these 2x2x8' bundles, still have 22 left and with the bridge beam sawing this past summer I collected 6>2x2x8" oak slab bundles and that's all my L3400 will lift.

I put that Mouse Blocker in the Jeep back in Oct. 2020 because I kept seeing chipmunks this past year then Last last May 2020 I went to use my Rhino and display on dash said error. So lifted the hood and chipmunks and or mouse did $1300.00 worth of damage to the wiring harness, after a couple months I was seeing that my 410 wasn't keeping up so decided to try the Mouse Blocker, but as of now I still not sure if it keeps them away from my Jeep Liberty, I should Know by this summer. Either way that thing drives me crazy just checking the oil and it's it's on low setting, for oil change I shut it off, since November I haven't seen many chipmunks, either the Mouse blocker is keeping them away or the 410 or both, for $100.00 it should do something.to chipmunks and mice

FY6QkGph.jpg

L8Lzrz8h.jpg

TorXxNVh.jpg

Es21m2Zh.jpg

OQNKpnEh.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Oldpath

It's been a full year since I started this bridge project, thought there'd be more water flow for April, April fools.......

IMG-9771.JPGIMG-9770.JPG