Air Conditioning x1100c cycles off and on

Mork

Just for my own piece of mind, I contacted the service manager at our local Kubota dealer today and asked him about the cycling of the AC pump on the X1100C. He replied that the cycling of the pump every 15 seconds or so is normal for these machines.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Cool Thanks Mork (possibly from Ork) and Thanks for all you guys input,. Sound like I best leave well enough alone..
Will see how she does when Texas hits 99 deg this summer. I will check pressures again when it heats up to make sure Ive not over charged it . I think when it heats up that pressure may read higher. If it aint broke dont fix it right ..

Tsunamibob

Both of our x1100c’s cycle like Mork said. I figured it was normal because it always blows cold when I need it. Used it last year at 105 outside and it was pleasant inside.

dcbona

That is normal operation. If the air temp is fine, don't worry about it. The cycle time will vary depending on air temp and will act differently if you're operating the A/C on fresh air or recirc mode. The thermister resistance signals the control panel to control the compressor clutch relay. The cycle will be longer if you're pulling in outside air; it'll be shorter if you're recirculating the inside air. Be sure to keep the air filter clean, blow out the condenser from the backside, and if you're in a dusty environment, once/ year it doesn't hurt to remove the dash and clean the evaporator with coil cleaner and rinse with water.

ItBmine

Finally got some warm weather here. Got up to 30*C at the high point today. So was the first time I had the AC on in my 1100.

The compressor and fan cycled on and off constantly also. But it got nice and cold. Cycles less when driving and it's getting air flow through the rad.

You can sure feel it when it cycles on while driving. Draws a lot of engine power. But I still managed to run 25/26 MPH down my road. Just on the hills it draws the engine down, but on my steepest hill I run it still maintained 7 MPH, same as with the AC off.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Its looking like near 90 deg here next week .. Cant wait to test it in the heat ,,

ItBmine

I loved it!! Just finally got hot here, then rained. So all the mosquitoes and black flies are out now. Was sooo nice riding the trails with the hood and windows covered in flies and i was inside with the AC and stereo on. LOL

ecracer21

Hi not sure if you got it fixed but I had same problem with the compressor cycling couldn’t figure it out wasn’t low on Freon figured that’s the way it was…I took the top of the blower housing apart and couldnt believe how packed the condenser was and also around the metal probe that sticks into condenser goes to a thermostat type thing which tells ac clutch to kick on or off…..cleaned it all up and now ac compressor stays on and is very cold…this is on a 2010 rtv 1100 not sure if yours is the same or not…hope it might help you out…also previous owner got rid of the cabin filter and so mice got in there what a mess lol…2ECC460E-C237-49B6-85BE-22A303230E2E.jpeg38F92002-B535-4F4C-A116-ED3C06E641F0.jpeg9B3B2125-3FE2-4A0E-BF24-AA0714F83254.jpeg

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I was pretty sure that cycling wasn't normal operation. I hope others can check for this and avoid some expensive repairs down the road. While I don't have AC, I check my prefilter screens every few weeks. Sometimes they are packed.