Another fuel gauge gone bad

Tact

This is my second fuel gauge that has gone bad. Any idea where to get another besides a dealer? He's forty miles away. Looking for somewhere online.

Has Kubota started making these gauges any better?:furious:

Tact

I tried calling Neal there but they were closed. I'll call tomorrow.

My part # on the back of my gauge must be obsolete, as it did not pull up anything on the web. Guess Kubota changed the #.

vintovka1

mine sticks from time to time but a careful whack frees it for several months. I put a piece of wood over the gauge so the force is transmitted to the internals and thw glass is protected. Hope it works for you. The problem on mine seems to be moisture getting in the works and rusting/clogging it up

Ricochet

It took Kubota awhile to get the gauges fixed, but I think they finally got them right about 1 year ago. The initial design was poor and the Japanese don't listen very well when improvements are suggested.

Tact

Well, I say mine is fixed. Not quite sure yet as when I replaced the gauge I also filled the tank with fuel. The needle has been pegged to the full mark ever since. I've driven it some, and haven't used a lot of fuel, but the needle is still pegged on the full mark. :confused:

I guess I need to drive it more to be sure it is in fact fixed.

Tact

After installing the new gauge, I filled the tank up at the same time. The needle pegged out registering full.

I haven't used it a lot since then, but I believe I've driven it enough for the needle to have moved, but the gauge still shows full. I'm starting to think that something is wrong as the needle should have moved some.

I've checked all the connections and grounds. Any idea on what to check next?

hmgary

You might want to check your gauge by plugging the wires from your temp gauge into your fuel gauge. This will show if your fuel sending unit is working. This is how they checked mine at the dealer. My gauge was bad.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Is that located on top of the tank, behind the fan blades?

It's there under the seat....... A round plate with 4 bolts, if I remember right.......Not really a problem to remove the bolts and pull out the longish float/sensor. Perhaps 12" long......

I like the idea of switching out the temp guage as a test......LOTS easier to eliminate what is what..........God bless.....Dennis

Tact

I switch gauges and the temp gauge put on the fuel plug shows pegged out as well. Maybe I just haven't used enough fuel for the needle to move.

Tact

I can make the needle move by making a hard right turn at mid throttle. I guess it IS working.

I'll run it a little more and see if it starts to move. The fuel level is now about four inches below the neck of the tank, which I don't consider full.