Battery Source

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am going to hook up a dome light on the RTV-X1120 that needs full time 12vdc. I know there are ready 12vdc "switched" connectors under the dash and near the battery.

Does anyone know if there is a ready 12vdc connector anywhere on the unit? My WSM did not show one. Hate to another wire to the battery if avoidable.

In case you're wondering why I need a direct 12volt connection, we need to find the ignition switch in the black of night, seemed like a dome light would come in handy.

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This may not be what you're interested in but have you considered a battery operated dome light?
I went to Amazon and searched for "battery operated dome light" and that provided several options including models made specifically for UTV's.
For many/most of the options, you just press on the light dome to turn it on/off.
Some are set so you can grab the light to use wherever you want.
A lot of them have rechargeable batteries. Just plug it into a USB for recharging.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
The ”cigar” lighter (12VDC) plug on the dash is rated at 10A and is “ON” full-time.

Additionally you might consider connecting directly to the positive post of your battery…which is behind/below the drivers seat…and will not require you to run wire under/over/thru the cabin structure as the cigar lighter would. Be sure to use an in-line fuse holder at the positive post where you connect it.