bigsky rifle rack mounting

ok i finally did it, i bought the 2 gun rack. here is the problem i have the plastic roof and i dont want to drill into that, so how do i mount this thing to the rops overhead? i bought some o-clamps also. i was thinking about cutting the 1" tube down and using hose clamps to mount it to the roll bar. what did you guys do? and any pic's?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
ok i finally did it, i bought the 2 gun rack. here is the problem i have the plastic roof and i dont want to drill into that, so how do i mount this thing to the rops overhead? i bought some o-clamps also. i was thinking about cutting the 1" tube down and using hose clamps to mount it to the roll bar. what did you guys do? and any pic's?

Personally, I don't like the idea of cutting the rack up.... Now that is just me.
There is somebody on this site, not but just weeks ago, Mounted one on a plastic top and posted picture.

There is several ways of mounting them.

I have a metal roof, I just bolted it up to it !!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:

ok so i wont cut the rack, i think i like the idea of mounting it on the back rops with only 1 rifle, held with o clamps. i am trying different things to see what i like best. drilling in the plastic roof i think would be simple but i cant bring myself to do it. i thought one of you guys have had the same problem.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If I understand your posts correctly:
a) You were thinking of cutting your ROPS cross braces. DON'T!
b) You need to get from the ROPS 1" cross braces to xxx to attach the rack. What's the xxx mounting options? I've used everything from O-clamps to chain link fence post brackets to mount "stuff" to the RTV.

i was thinking about cutting the 1" tube for the rack, not the rops. i mounted the rack behinde the drivers seat with o-clamps with 1 single rifle instead of 2. it works for me.

RancherGuy

This is not a horizontal rack solution story, like what you are trying to solve -- but I have a neighbor who used or created a type of golf bag stand as is used for golf carts. He started with a plate that bolts to the center of the front floor, then on that he welded a 1"x1" square tubing that stands straight up in front of the seat -- all free standing. On the top of the tubing is a T with straps so that he can use it to hold two rifles with their muzzles pointing straight up. I was impressed, and have been pondering making something similar.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
He started with a plate that bolts to the center of the front floor, then on that he welded a 1"x1" square tubing that stands straight up in front of the seat -- all free standing. On the top of the tubing is a T with straps so that he can use it to hold two rifles with their muzzles pointing straight up. I was impressedQUOTE]

They are good, if the truck or vehicle is big enough. Not trying to bust your bubble, but they had them in the U.S. M35 ( Duece and a Half) trucks years ago. And you know how big that vehicle is up to a RTV. They would get in the way in them trucks also. Just don't believe there is enough room.
Thought about the same thing when I first purchased my RTV........
But yes, came threw my pea holder also !!!!!:wink: