Bolt Size

Mork

Anyone know the bolt size for the 4 bolt holes in the front bumper by the 2" receiver on the 1100C?
I tried chasing them with a 7/16 fine thread tap but it seemed sloppy and the 1/2" Fine thread wont start.

dan900

Anyone know the bolt size for the 4 bolt holes in the front bumper by the 2" receiver on the 1100C?
I tried chasing them with a 7/16 fine thread tap but it seemed sloppy and the 1/2" Fine thread wont start.
They are metric not SAE. Unfortunately I have not researched it enough yet to figure out the size. I would also like to know the correct size.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Simple.... go to Messicks dot com... look up the part...read the description.

dan900

Simple.... go to Messicks dot com... look up the part...read the description.
Doesn't work. Parts list does not define the hole sizes. Nothing was bolted there on my new machine. They are just 4 open threaded holes. I'm thinking they are used when installing the plow mounting bracket. I plan to discuss with the dealer next time I am there to see if they know or can find out.

Dgrapes59

I have a 900, not an 1100, but the bolts were the same thread and size as the bolts that attach the ROPS cage. The previous owner of my 900 had removed the ROPS and not put all the bolts back. I took one to a place that specialized in bolts and matched it. I bought some extras. I made a caddy to bolt to the front winch mount and used some of the extras. I don't recall what size they were. Perhaps you could remove a similar size bolt and see if it matches then take it to an adequate hardware store, with a gauge to determine the size and possibly purchase.

FYI, the caddy I made..

20201024_010824.jpg

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
If you purchase such bolts for important things like ROPS and hitches and bumpers, frame-work etc... be sure to not buy cheap Grade stuff... get 8.8 grade if metric.