Broken bracket

harry

I have a2014 x1100c rtv and every couple months the back muffler bracket breaks off . Any suggestions? Welding doesnt last longer. Was thinking of manufacturing a thicker sized bracket plate . Would it work?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I had the same problem with my 2014 X900. Turned out to be a separation at the exhaust manifold. The muffler was press fit into the exhaust manifold with no reinforcement of a weld. The joint separated enough such that the entire muffler would vibrate enough so that the rear bracket would break from fatigue. Welding the exhaust pipe to the manifold fixed it. Good luck.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Kubota changed the brackets and muffler at some point. My guess is that they identified a problem and fixed it with a different set up.

dan900

The pipe between the engine and the muffler broke on my 2014 X900 at about 600 hours. The dealer fixed it under the extended warranty and I have not had a problem with it since, now around 1500 hours. :) I don't remember exactly what they did, except I do know they replaced the exhaust system from the engine on back. I hope this doesn't jinx it!!!!!HA HA

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
It took some argument on my part, but Kubota did repair my broken bracket and they did weld the exhaust pipe to the manifold. I was without my machine for the better part of two weeks. I think it happened at about 600 hours as well. It was still fine when I sold it 7 years later with 11,000 miles and 1,700 hours.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Mine is also broken on my 2014 X1100c . Dealer mentioned it to me when was in for so called service last fall,. Did not offer to fix it as its out of warranty, I did locate the remanufactured muffler bracket online but will not fit my muffler as it has no bolt hole in the bottom of the muffler.....
Mine still rattled at certain rpm but has not fell off yet. It is cracked ion the trans case where it bolts up... Some fay I need to fix it. ,,,

dan900

Mine started with an odd rattle which I could not locate. When it broke, there was no doubt that there was a problem. It got real loud. If I remember correctly, there were some who had the ears break on the engine housing where the muffler pipe bolted to it due, I guess, to the excessive movement of things. Anyway, I limited my use of the RTV until I could get it to the dealer to get fixed. It's probably a good idea to fix it before it results in more damage.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
You guys just couldn’t keep this to yourselves…??

Now I’ve got to go out and inspect my 2014 X900 which is out-of-warranty…. Oohhhh, the sleepless afternoons ….

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Just lifted the bed and re examined my cracked exhaust mounted position on the trans housing. .. As many years as this bracket / mount point has been a problem ,,,, I would love to see pictures of a home made bracket that solved the problem. I do see another mount point on the motor mount that I have heard people used . But the bolts are smaller than those currently used to mount it.
I have seen pics of welds, but not a well built shop made cure ! Anyone?

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
WELL . that cracked housing finally broke. The center bracket where mounts to trans housing. It also broke the pipe away from the muffler. I tried to weld it with no luck . Took it off last night and ran a strait pipe out the back so can at least use the machine till I can fix it . HOLLY COW< sounds like a cummins with no manifold .. I cant seem to locate that aftermarket bracket I had found online at one point, You guys have any luck finding one ?

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
OK So I studied the part diagram and ordered the different bracket and muffler as shown . Mounts to lower side of muffler., Different point on motor housing . AS Well as one bolt # 120 on the same mount thats broken . I guess I will have to do some engineering to that point to craft another mounting point. Keep your fingers crossed the first image is of the one I actually have . The second is the one I HOPE I am going to maek fit. With a little LUCK1691776827379.png

1691776419330.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I did a preemptive repair about 6 months ago. Kubota changed the muffler and mounting points. My guess if they broke too many tabs off the transmission.

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
OK So I studied the part diagram and ordered the different bracket and muffler as shown . Mounts to lower side of muffler., Different point on motor housing . AS Well as one bolt # 120 on the same mount thats broken . I guess I will have to do some engineering to that point to craft another mounting point. Keep your fingers crossed the first image is of the one I actually have . The second is the one I HOPE I am going to maek fit. With a little LUCKView attachment 14847

View attachment 14846
What about Part No. 70..IN THE FIRST ILLUSTRATION…?? Was that re-used…?? or dispensed.??? or changed?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I reused it. I don't have a good reason why I reused it, and after looking over the parts break outs I am not sure I would. In this case I would go look at a new x model or ask on here for someone the send a picture.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Man I cant believe how loud that booger is with the strait pipe on it. I kinda always wanted to strait pipe it.. But WOW. We go to locale trade days event each month, (Wifes a vendor) they would not put up with it like that. we get enough looks before with it growling up the hills. Most folks just have nice peaceful golf carts then here we come with the X1100

10-e-c-dirt

Man I cant believe how loud that booger is with the strait pipe on it. I kinda always wanted to strait pipe it.. But WOW. We go to locale trade days event each month, (Wifes a vendor) they would not put up with it like that. we get enough looks before with it growling up the hills. Most folks just have nice peaceful golf carts then here we come with the X1100
If UR 74+ and hearing beyond help, it aint that loud!! Wonder if anyone makes headers for these thing??:unsure:

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Finally got that muffler put on ,good lord over 400 bux for a dang muffler !
was a booger crafting up a home made bracket for the missing/broken off trans mount but made it work . elbowed up to the upper engine mount area. The new one bolts to bottom of muffler as shown in the pics, as well as to the rear of the muffler. Wish me luck!
If she breaks again dont know where one would mount at that point.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Finally got that muffler put on ,good lord over 400 bux for a dang muffler !
was a booger crafting up a home made bracket for the missing/broken off trans mount but made it work . elbowed up to the upper engine mount area. The new one bolts to bottom of muffler as shown in the pics, as well as to the rear of the muffler. Wish me luck!
If she breaks again dont know where one would mount at that point.
Good Work! Mine broke under warranty and Kubota finally agreed to repair it on their dime - welded the transmission and then welded the muffler to the exhaust manifold. 10,000 miles later is was still as good as new. Glad you were able to make a bracket.