calling collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Bordercollie

i remember several years ago you converted your weed wiper to hydraulic lift. i am growing tired of getting out and cranking it up and down. would you mind sharing your conversion?

Thanks Aurthuritis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Aurthuritis !!! Sure! I just removed those darn "crank up and down" height adjusters but first measured min and max on what sized cylinder would fit on each side. I ordered them from Surplus Center and bought the hoses locally from our little privately owned parts store. I did have to buy the kubota ends to fit on the RTV back then. ( Found them on e bay if I remember correctly. ) I put a cooler on the RTV but probably didnt need it . I don't think it kicked on during the time I used it but think the extra hose and the extra radiator on the fan helped with the cooling. I tested it to make sure it was operating ) MY 900 xt did have an oem cooler but didn't want to take a chance so added the extra under the hood . Thank you and good luck my friend. :tiphat: collie ps the cylinders I bought were almost perfect but did slightly bend those lightweight top pull pins. I can take a pic tomorrow if you like?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes thanks collie. would you take a few pics sometime when it is convenient? especially the part where the cylinders connect? and maybe the diameter or the cylinder and rod?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I took a couple of pics of the cylinders and will measure the size tomorrow. Bil got a used dump truck for the farm( only on the farm land) and we've been working on it.. I let time get away from me yesterday so I apologize for being late with the information. In one picture , the bottom T of the hoses are all rusty and the ones exactly above look much better... weird. I had mentioned earlier , the stroke was a hair too long so bent the top pin slightly when extended all the way. Oh well, I will never go back to the old crank method anyway, but it would have been good to not have bent them at all . collie
ps added picture of the dump truck .. I was only 25 when it was built.. wow !!! hahaha

Attachments

• weedwiper hose.jpg
    weedwiper hose.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 109
  • KIMG0909 weedwiper cylinder.jpg
    KIMG0909 weedwiper cylinder.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 103
  • KIMG0912 dumptruck.jpg
    KIMG0912 dumptruck.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 105

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that's an R model Mack isn't it? good ole truck. Thanks Collie for the pics and information. I am in no hurry so don't make any special trips. just at your convenience please.

Thanks again

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Correct again Aurthuritis. :) It's a R Mac the bil says. It was around $7500. You have a keen eye. :)
On the cylinders I just took a couple of pictures with my ruler doing the work . The shafts are one inch and the upper pin hole was a perfect fit with the wiper so I had no drilling or welding to do. Anything else just let me know. :)
Hard to believe it's September in a few hours. - but I'll be glad for cooler weather.. not cold but cooler ... these triple digit heat indexes are getting old. collie

Attachments

• KIMG0914 cylinder.jpg
    KIMG0914 cylinder.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 81
  • cylinder.jpg
    cylinder.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 86

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
thanks collie!!! you know how to shift a twin stick mack? Ha!

No way !! I have my hands full with the manual Roxor ... and its much easier than when I first got it- almost like silk now. :) I understand that the Mack is very different .. so no , I don't wanta learn on that big thing. :) .

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
No way !! I have my hands full with the manual Roxor ... and its much easier than when I first got it- almost like silk now. :) I understand that the Mack is very different .. so no , I don't wanta learn on that big thing. :) .

I guess I was lucky. I don’t remember the 1959 B I drove having a twin stick. I think I would remember that. It was red with a 1,000 gpm pump

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This one?

Attachments

• B8C934CC-99C9-4ED0-ABC9-68017D1DAEC7.jpeg
    B8C934CC-99C9-4ED0-ABC9-68017D1DAEC7.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 64

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
my old B model mack had a 5 and 3 twin stick i think it was a brownlight. my autocar was a two stick also but it was a 5 and a 4

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I measured it to be 1 " but will check again. The battery was out in my micrometer but I used the manual slide on it. Pretty sure its 1 " though.
Worked on fence this morning, then got under the house(it's 4 ft off the ground) - removed the old insulation last week with a tyvek suit / respirator,gloves and goggles on. about burned up with that free sauna but on a time line so got it done and cleaned up... got a nice bonus as well, this week I'm using new clamps and rehanging the wires under there. Tore out all of the satellite tv wiring and ran new 5e cable for the dsl. I cancelled dtv a couple of years ago and haven't missed it one bit.. Even after having it since "94!! . So much free stuff on a Roku TV- if you have a decent speed on the internet. Others options available if desired.
. Bil is having the house insulated using a technique called incapsulation . Where the interior sides are insulated as well as the ground and 2 dehumidifiers . That 25 year old insulation was holding condensation from the a/c units and duct work . It was then molding and causing rot to the flooring!! The old part of the house is 180 years old so that was very concerning. Anyways, still gotta remove the insulation from the duct work but gotta do that in order the bil decrees. As he has an electrician coming in to place power for the dehumidifiers first, so that is next for me. Pretty easy work since I'm short.
Anyways life is never boring around here. . The Mack does have a CB, Aurthuritis !! How does that song go now... "a long way to go and a short time to get there"?? Haha.

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I measured it to be 1 " but will check again. The battery was out in my micrometer but I used the manual slide on it. Pretty sure its 1 " though.
Worked on fence this morning, then got under the house(it's 4 ft off the ground) - removed the old insulation last week with a tyvek suit / respirator,gloves and goggles on. about burned up with that free sauna but on a time line so got it done and cleaned up... got a nice bonus as well, this week I'm using new clamps and rehanging the wires under there. Tore out all of the satellite tv wiring and ran new 5e cable for the dsl. I cancelled dtv a couple of years ago and haven't missed it one bit.. Even after having it since "94!! . So much free stuff on a Roku TV- if you have a decent speed on the internet. Others options available if desired.
. Bil is having the house insulated using a technique called incapsulation . Where the interior sides are insulated as well as the ground and 2 dehumidifiers . That 25 year old insulation was holding condensation from the a/c units and duct work . It was then molding and causing rot to the flooring!! The old part of the house is 180 years old so that was very concerning. Anyways, still gotta remove the insulation from the duct work but gotta do that in order the bil decrees. As he has an electrician coming in to place power for the dehumidifiers first, so that is next for me. Pretty easy work since I'm short.
Anyways life is never boring around here. . The Mack does have a CB, Aurthuritis !! How does that song go now... "a long way to go and a short time to get there"?? Haha.

10_4 Collie! no need to remeasure that is close enough. Thank You VERY MUCH. and this is aurthuristis 10-10:17875:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Haha , Ok Aurthuritis. Thanks.
By the way if ya'll ever have to do a lot of knee work- get some cheap elastic knee pads . I wore the stuffing flat on my pair last week and just put a sponge in there. Works great.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well Aurthuritis, I can't believe it but I searched my mail for surplus center and this invoice popped up with the cylinder size and quantity I ordered !! It was from April of 2012 so may not have it or may still .

2 9-7706-4 1.5X4X1 DA HYD CYL PINHOLE 167.90

Total $: 167.90

Order Recap:
Total Product $: 167.90
Net Product$: 167.90
Shipping: 13.82
Sales Tax: 0.00
Insurance : 2.00
Grand Total: 183.72

edit: I see they are still available but a little higher in price. and with combined shipping on one site. Bringing it up again that the cylinders were a bit long for my wiper and did slightly bend the pins at the top. It worked for me though

edit 2 Surplus Center
1.5x4x1 DA Hydraulic Cylinder Pinhole 9-7706-4

DESCRIPTION
1-1/2" BORE WELDED DOUBLE ACTING CYLINDER W/TUBE & EYE ENDS
Brand new, Surplus Center private label cylinder. Internal gland with wire-lock retaining ring. Pin-hole thru rod and cross-tube at base end. Made in USA.

SPECIFICATIONS
Double Acting
Bore x Stroke 1-1/2" x 4"
Pressure 3000 PSI max
Rod Dia. 1"
Ports SAE 6
Retracted Length 11"
Shpg. 9 lbs.
END MOUNTINGS
Rod End Drilled hole
Pin Hole 5/8"
Base End Crosstube
Crosstube Width 2"
Pin Hole 5/8"
SHIPPING
Combined Shipping

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Well Aurthuritis, I can't believe it but I searched my mail for surplus center and this invoice popped up with the cylinder size and quantity I ordered !! It was from April of 2012 so may not have it or may still .

2 9-7706-4 1.5X4X1 DA HYD CYL PINHOLE 167.90

Total $: 167.90

Order Recap:
Total Product $: 167.90
Net Product$: 167.90
Shipping: 13.82
Sales Tax: 0.00
Insurance : 2.00
Grand Total: 183.72

edit: I see they are still available but a little higher in price. and with combined shipping on one site. Bringing it up again that the cylinders were a bit long for my wiper and did slightly bend the pins at the top. It worked for me though

edit 2 Surplus Center
1.5x4x1 DA Hydraulic Cylinder Pinhole 9-7706-4

DESCRIPTION
1-1/2" BORE WELDED DOUBLE ACTING CYLINDER W/TUBE & EYE ENDS
Brand new, Surplus Center private label cylinder. Internal gland with wire-lock retaining ring. Pin-hole thru rod and cross-tube at base end. Made in USA.

SPECIFICATIONS
Double Acting
Bore x Stroke 1-1/2" x 4"
Pressure 3000 PSI max
Rod Dia. 1"
Ports SAE 6
Retracted Length 11"
Shpg. 9 lbs.
END MOUNTINGS
Rod End Drilled hole
Pin Hole 5/8"
Base End Crosstube