DEAR MR, ADMINISTRATOR

Neil,</p>

The last time you worked on the site about two moths ago, only about half of my emocitons were working.........Now none of my emocitons will work............Would it have to do with the fact that I am using Microsoft Millemium????? All I get on the screen is a blank box with the word (smiles)...............</p>

I would appreciate any help you andBriancould give me.........</p>

Thanks,,,,</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,</p>

G

I turned the emocitions off because they cause the page to load much slower. If its somthing you really miss, I can check about turning it back on.</p>

Neil,</p>

I will go along with what the majority of the other members vote for.............</p>

Thanks,</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,,</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Neil:</p>

Sometimes with new web designs there are problems to work out. I like the look and navigation features you have incorporatedand am sure the problem areas can be fixed. Keep up the good work and thanks for the efforts in making this site available.</p>

On the computer I have to do some searching to access the site as internet providersays this site is not responding, or horrors... does not exist. I am using Microsoft XP and the worlds slowest dial up internet service.</p>

aRTV wannabe, Keifer</p>

G

Thanks. I'm aware that it can be slow at times. I've been working with the hosting company about it. </p>

doggman

FYI - The clock time seems to be inaccurate. My profile is set to Central time but the posts are showing up as earlier. </p>

river

On my system, I have my profile set to GMT - 5:00 Eastern, and the times are 3 hours too early; ie, 6:21 AM shows up as 3:21 AM. What should I do - change my time setting to GMT - 2:00 Mid-Atlantic?</p>

Doug</p>

G

Its fixed now. I had set the system timezone to Eastern out of habbit, not thinking that the servers are in the Pacific timezone. </p>

</p>

river

Looks like everything's fixed now. I just hope that all our members find their way back. Thanks for all your work in keeping this forum working. It's the best place for RTV fans on the net that I have seen. </p>

Doug</p>

Deerlope

There are still problems with the time it takes to upload or go back. When I click to go back it takes too long . It should be almost instantaneous. When I write a reply the same thing happens. Of all the sites that I visit this is the only one that is so slow that I usually get bored and leave before I have completed all that I came here to do.</p>

G

I've started the research into buying a partial server. We'd have a whole 1/4 of a machine, rather than sharing it with 200-300 other websites. Its about 5x as expensive as what shared hosting costs me, so I have some work to do before we jump into that. </p>

doggman

Neil, </p>

You might check out this company http://www.server4you.com/us/contact.html. (I don't have any stake in the company.) They have a huge local facility which is why I know about them. They have 3 huge data pipes coming into their facility here. People seem to be happy with them and the price is right. </p>

I would have sent you an email but that function seems to be missing at present. </p>

Craig</p>

G

Good suggestion Craig. They are selling a full server for what i was considering paying for 1/10 of one. They don't provide much in the way of software, backups, support, etc... but its priced well. </p>