Deer vs. Truck Caution: graphic deer pix - don't open if you're adverse to red meat

mobilus

Make sure you have a strong stomach before scrolling down....
It's like a train wreck, you don't want to see, but, you can help but look...

What one deer can do!

They were traveling in southern Arkansas, between Mena and DeQueen.

An oncoming car clipped a deer and sent it straight up into the air.

The deer came down head-first into Clayton's brand new truck.

The deer's head went thru the front windshield, cutting the head (plus
some) off, and landed in Jill's lap. The body of the deer flipped up, smashed in the top of the truck, and landed in the bed. Clayton couldn't see Jill from his side, because the top of the truck was smashed in so horribly. He got out of the truck, went around, and opened the door on her side...only to start flipping out, because she was literally drenched in blood.

However, neither one of them was hurt. Her parents were following in a separate vehicle and didn't see it happen...but drove up on it right afterward. I can't imagine what they were thinking!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 101
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 94
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 94
:pat: Wow. That's alot of damage for one little old deer. Last time my wife hit one the damage wasn't that bad but it still cost $4500.00 to put the car back together. Up here the big thing you want to watch out for is moose. The percentage of people that walk away after hitting one is nonexistent.

:pat: Wow. That's alot of damage for one little old deer. Last time my wife hit one the damage wasn't that bad but it still cost $4500.00 to put the car back together. Up here the big thing you want to watch out for is moose. The percentage of people that walk away after hitting one is nonexistent.

Second the MOOSE WARNING...
We responded to three hits this fall on I-89...
Truck totalled...2 injured
SUV totalled...2 injured
Compact Car...dented hood and cracked windshield, but driveable!!!!...0 injured...it seems the body almost made over the roof of the car

N

Nicahawk

The deer around here are bad enough but I wish we had some moose in this part of the country. (Not to hit :shitHitsFan: , just admire).:cool:

Hunters welcome for the deer.

Last edited:
D

Deerlope

I hope that someone thought to thank the ole boy upsatirs that no one got hunt raelly bad.

Driving 75mph down the Western Kentucky Parkway one night in 1988, listening to a radio play by play of Kirk Gibson's home run off Dennis Ekersley in the world series, I hit an owl. :eek: It hit dead center of the windshield. Needless to say, I had owl puree all over the interior of the truck and a heart rate of something north of 200. The entire windshield ended up in my lap. And I needed a new pair of shorts:shitHitsFan:

mobilus

When I was stationed in Alaska, a lady hit a moose in the rear end. Its legs just folded forward and his rear end nearly filled the windshield opening. The trooper had to kill the moose because it was just stuck there, flailing away. The lady wasn't hurt, a miracle no doubt.