Do you have rear view mirrors on your tractor?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a lot of seat time the past few days. Great weather for getting the brush hogging and box blading done.
I find it harder to turn around to view completely behind me than I used to. Old age I suppose, but I have mirrors on the RTV so why not the tractor? The front end loader bar that goes across the top of the hood would be a likely place to mount them.

Anyone else beat me to this and have mirrors on their tractor? If so what kind did you get and where did you mount them?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I figured the big tractors with the enclosed cab and a/c would l have mirrors, no surprise there.
But I'd never seen them on a compact tractor. Shopping amazon I see the UTV mirrors like I've bought for side by sides all fit round bars from 1.6 inches to 2 inches diameter. The FEL horizonal bar is more like 1 inch diameter. I believe I can make them work on that by wrapping the bar to increase it's diameter. I ordered a cheap set and will give it a shot in a few days. Will post pics once installed.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is that horizontal bar square stock or round? Wrapping it with tape may give you some unwanted vibration.
My dad had one of those canopies you mount to the ROPS. He hung a couple mirrors from that but they did seem to vibrate a lot.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's a round bar. I never considered vibration. Will see early next week when the 20 buck mirrors arrive.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If it's 1 1/2" or 2" pipe, the DJ O-clamps may work nicely. Same clamps I use on the RTV ROPS to mount my mirrors.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Clamps for 1.5 to 2" come with the mirrors I ordered. If those clamps don't work I might have to go with a 1" DJ O clamp. I plan to use something around the 1" to make it closer to 1.5".

ItBmine

I put these on my Kubota Doc. Got them from some golf cart accessories company on the internet but their web site and phone number no longer works.
I just drilled two small holes in the loader stanchions, in a non-load bearings area. But I have seen many other ways to mount them including adhesives and magnets that seem to work.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 3

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got the mirrors I ordered today. Also had an old bicycle tube and duct tape to make the 1" pipe big enough for the clamp. One major problem. the mirror mount was not engineered to be mounted and a horizonal bar. Vertical only. I tried every which way. I could mount them but they'd always be position to see far away from rear of tractor. Of no use to me, so I'll have to return them dang it.
I am trying to come up with a vertical add on mount point similar to what ItBmine posted. Even considering attaching to the handles on the fender which would give the best view of all behind me. Haven't given up but at this point no for sure solution.

ko4bg

Site Supporter
I have a Rare Form of Arthritis (Ankylosing Spondylitis) Fused Spine, it is Impossible to look behind me from the Seat, so I put a Back UP Camera on my L3301, works Great! I wired it in with the SW. comes on when you Crank it up.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a Rare Form of Arthritis (Ankylosing Spondylitis) Fused Spine, it is Impossible to look behind me from the Seat, so I put a Back UP Camera on my L3301, works Great! I wired it in with the SW. comes on when you Crank it up.
Great idea. Would you be able to share a pic or two of your set up? Where did you mount the screen and how did you mount the camera?