Doors for RTV X900

My dealer says my X900 should be ready next week. I have been considering doors for cold weather but would like some that can be easily removed as I do not want them on the vehicle for most of the year. It seems some type of fabric doors would be the best option but zippers and velcro closures seem like they would be a hassle. I saw some from Seizmic that have frames for $900 which seems a little high.

Any advice or personal experience on doors?

ItBmine

Congrats on the X900. I can't help you on the doors though, I have the cabbed 1100.
I'm not really sure what all the choices are for the 900. But I'm sure the hard doors can be removed easily. I'd rather have the hard doors myself. I see a lot of the fabric doors on UTV's and some look pretty shabby.

Thanks ltBmine. I just sold my 2004 Cushman Haulster with a full cab. It was a nice machine but only 2WD. For most of my type of usage the hard doors hindered hopping in and out of the vehicle and made the cab too hot. The doors on the Haulster were not that difficult to take off but putting them back on and aligning them up was about as difficult as installing and aligning a car hood. It just wasn't worth the effort.

I checked with the dealer about hard doors on the X900 but it required adding heavy duty front springs and a very expensive door kit that was pushing the price upward closer to the 1100c.

About the only time I would want the doors would be when I'm pushing snow, but for many years I have been pushing snow with the rear blade on an open Kubota tractor so I guess having a roof and windshield on this machine will be a luxury. (I'm really looking forward to not having a sore neck after pushing snow!)

As I think about it.... unless I find a real deal on some doors, I will probably make a decision after I see how things work out this winter.

10-e-c-dirt

I have Kubota 77700-VC5095 doors on my X900, they are EZ on-off, I putum on in winter/off in summer. No problems other than replacing hyd/cyls , with aftermarket, much cheaper. I just think they are overpriced for what you get. I think they are made by Curtis, but not sure.
The worst thing about them is the widow, zippered top, front, bottom, IMO should be zippered fr, top, rear so window will fold down inside cab, not rolled up and Velcro to the back of door.

ItBmine

Maybe just try putting a heater instead of full doors. Might be enough to keep you comfortable?
But with a heater make sure you put shut off cocks on the coolant lines so there is no hot coolant flowing into the core in the summer.

I guess that is how they upsell you....make the doors so expensive you just upgrade to the 1100C.

ItBmine

Haha ncridgerunner.....sounds like me.......I always said how it don't bother me to be snow blowing on my open station Kubota in minus 40.....but I bet I also won't complain this winter when I'm in my cabbed RTV plowing, LOL

I've got a set on my '14 X900 but will have to look at my paperwork later to get part numbers. They might be the same as the link posted in previous response. I also put a heater in it from https://coupersproducts.com/categor...ubota-utv-cab-heater/rtv-x-900-2013-2021.html
Thanks for the info. Good looking setup. Doors like yours were kind of what I as thinking for cold weather use only. I really don't want doors in warm weather because they get in the way when getting in and out and restrict ventilation. My Cushman Haulster had a heater but I seldom used it because once I was out of the wind I would be ok.

Peter James

I like that plow. Is that a RTV900 or an RTVX900? I have a 2010 RTV900 and am thinking about a plow for it. I presently plow snow with a loaded on an old John Deere Tractor with no cab and thinking this would be a better way to go. I looked up the Snow Dog plows online and there are several dealers in my area and requested a quote.
Peter

tfdr1

I like that plow. Is that a RTV900 or an RTVX900? I have a 2010 RTV900 and am thinking about a plow for it. I presently plow snow with a loaded on an old John Deere Tractor with no cab and thinking this would be a better way to go. I looked up the Snow Dog plows online and there are several dealers in my area and requested a quote.
Peter
Peter,

It's a '14 X900. I used to use my tractor with bucket for snow, but then I found the RTV and the guy had the plow brand new still on the pallet so I couldn't pass it up. It took a little getting used to the v plow since I was used to a straight one when I did snow removal years ago. All in all it does the job and I'm happy with it. I can put it on in about 5 minutes and it comes off even quicker.

Dave

geodimeter

My 2006 RTV900 has steel doors on the cab but they lift right off the hinges when I take them off in the spring. The windows are sliders so they can be opened front and rear in the winter to keep the windshield and rear window from fogging. As far as V-plows I bought a SnowEx UTV plow last spring after using the Curtis straight plow with the chain lift and manual tilt for 15 years. It is definitely worth having with the full hydraulics and the ability to adjust the blade so quickly. The lift height enables me to push snow to the top of existing show piles and is an absolute joy to plow with. I'm in Northern Colorado about 8700' and we usually get over 150" of snow between October and May.20220125_155735.jpg