Flash back

Mark.Sibole

I found this in my files and then looked out side.Damn the image looks so close they could be twins.This was last december
Kubota.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a pic I took yesterday. Just a little bit of snow. ;)
We see too many of these each year.
If you look in the center of the pic, you can make out a pine tree. It's about 60-70' away.

Attachments

• CIMG0383.jpg
    CIMG0383.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 204

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How about you bring your RTV my way instead? :)

I could sure use something with a cab and heat. Today's high is 15° :(

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's the opposite of what you and I have.

We have:
Winter=cold
Summer=hot

Cab has:
Winter=hot
Summer=cold

We hit a high of 15° today. I'd like the winter=hot option the cab provides. :)

Mark.Sibole

Ahhh you dont build a fire on the floor next to you???
Thats what we hit 14 to 15 with 20 mph winds and I froze my arse off plowing everyone out today.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't tried the fire trick. Will give it a go next time I'm out. ;)

I said the heck with plowing. When I went out yesterday, the truck had no problem with the 6". Neighbor came over yesterday while I was working and cleared out the one driveway the Mrs. uses so we're good to go.

I do need to head outside now. :( Daughter's car has a dead battery. I'm going to let the car sit, I just need to find an old battery in the building for a core trade so I can get one new right after work tomorrow.

Mark.Sibole

Ah sounds like fun.I have to jump start the tractor as it needs a new generator and with Christmas setting me back along with the new actuator I just cant afford to get the old one rebuilt or replaced.The Actuator came first so I can plow and thanks to randy I have the new one ready to install.Keep warm and safe my friend.

Regards

mark

ccmdvl1960

We just got our first few plow-worthy snows this week. I must say that my unheated, poor mans cab has been wonderful. Within 10-15 minutes, it is about 20 deg. warmer inside than outside just from the engine heat. It takes about an hour and 10 minutes to plow out our place now vs. 2+ hrs last year with the BX. The BX was definitely more nimble and it was nice not shifting, but the RTV still wins in my book.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 173

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is really nice.....where?...how???.....Did I say really nice???? God bless......Dennis

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
This photo was from last winter but you get the idea of an RTV with a Boss V plow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 127
That power-v looks good hanging on there. We had -17 f yesterday am the rivers are just starting to freeze so we can do some logging. We go for the easy timber first .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That power-v looks good hanging on there. We had -17 f yesterday am the rivers are just starting to freeze so we can do some logging. We go for the easy timber first .
Sure would love to see some pics.

If you're logging at -17° and that's the easy stuff, I'd hate to see what you consider a bad day. :O

We're hovering around 5° and I can already hear the small trees starting to pop. My only wood processing on days like this is bringing it in the house to feed the woodstoves.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Hey Mark, You can send me an order of that snow. Looks beautiful! We only get very little snow here, most of the time we get ice. Would rather have snow than ice but we take what we get. When we get a snow it is a real treat for me to get to blade off the road to my house and a road to a rental house, neighbors driveways and couple of parking lots at some commercial buildings. I know if we had it all the time it would become a job and not a fun happening!

Wild Bill

Like the pics!

We've had really strange weather this year.
Just a couple of dustings thus far. Most years in recent memory I have made 200+ yard long tubing runs with banked corners and everything over the kids Xmas break.

And we are missing this big storm too. :sad:

If anyone is sick of it, send some my way. 24" is not too much. The kids need to see something like that!