Front Wheel Lug Bolts JD 870

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I have a JD 870 that I noticed was missing 2 lug bolts on one front wheel and one on the other front wheel , Stopped by local dealer and they only had one in stock 5 bux for one bolt.. Checked tractor supply none that fit i stock.
Stopped by the local fastener company and they had same size , same hardness bolts CHEAP . just have to add washer. BUT wanted see what you guys thought about this before I put them in . Or should I wait till they get the bolts JD calls for in stock ?

also What are front 870 JD lug bolt torque specs?
Here is a pic 1663713866455.jpeg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Let me get back with you on the torque.
Your tires are a different size than mine. I don't recall there being a washer on mine but I'll check.

SheilaF

I have a JD 870 that I noticed was missing 2 lug bolts on one front wheel and one on the other front wheel , Stopped by local dealer and they only had one in stock 5 bux for one bolt.. Checked tractor supply none that fit i stock.
Stopped by the local fastener company and they had same size , same hardness bolts CHEAP . just have to add washer. BUT wanted see what you guys thought about this before I put them in . Or should I wait till they get the bolts JD calls for in stock ?

also What are front 870 JD lug bolt torque specs?
Here is a pic View attachment 14108
The lug bolts are supposed to be torqued down to a specified value, but keep in mind here that the JD 870 is a construction/agricultural tractor. Torque specs are exact for those vehicles that require a high degree of precision and safety. The tractor doesn't care if you have the right bolts or not, so I don't really see a problem with using the non-OEM bolts that are easier to find. That said, I always recommend using OEM parts because of the precision to which they're made.