Gas Snowblower storage

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Husky with Tecumseh motor, about 14 yo.

Every year I've filled the tank with gas and sta-bil and put it in the barn for the summer. That worked for a long time. A couple of years ago had to rebuild the carb and replace a split primer bulb. This year had to do the same things again due to the ethanol.

What about draining the tank and letting it run until it dies?

Both of my generators have fuel shut valves and I leave the tank full of sta-bil but run the carb dry to store. There's not room on the snowblower for a valve.

I'm worried about the empty tank and rust or condensation building up over the summer.

Jim

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If it doesn't have a valve, I run my engines dry. All the gas tanks I can think of on equipment that I do this all have plastic gas tanks so rust isn't an issue.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, I'll give it a try next week.

All I did was think about putting the snowblowers, ice melt, and shovels in the barn. Guess what's in the Tuesday night forcast? Yep, more snow! :pat:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, so the snow we're about to get is obviously your fault.

Although I took the plow off the ATV, I left it nearby and kept the blade on the tractor so I'm pretty sure it's not my fault.

So, tell me... did you wash your vehicles too and now we'll get a ton of rain?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, so the snow we're about to get is obviously your fault.

Sure, blame me. :pat:

Although I took the plow off the ATV, I left it nearby and kept the blade on the tractor so I'm pretty sure it's not my fault.

So, tell me... did you wash your vehicles too and now we'll get a ton of rain?

Yep, washed all the crud off both tractors and the blower. The pickup and Yukon will be parked outside to take advantage of the rain.

Jim

htr4

Well the plow went on mine tonight, so surely it will stop snowing all over the country. You're welcome! :sorry: