Heavy duty suspension springs

Rogerwh0

Does anyone know if there is heavy duty front springs for the 1100's? My springs have a blue mark on them. My plow only is off the ground about 2".

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You must need the heavy, heavy duty springs. Or do you need struts?

As I recall, the 1100 leaves the factory with the heavy duty struts already installed. This is due to the weight of the cab.

When a 900 needs the heavy duty struts for a plow, you're sold the ones that go on the 1100.

I'm not familiar with changes in the springs themselves.

I wonder if helper springs from the auto store would work?

Rogerwh0

There is no adjustment on these ones. I wonder if the X model struts will fit? I might just build some airbag mounts and do a little air ride for the winter?

Rogerwh0

I was hoping to just be able to support the plow without having to really lift it. I may just lift it for the winter when the plow is on it. That appears to be the cheapest, simplest option.

RealtreeRTV

Not sure about the 1100's but I put the heavy springs on my 900 and really like them. They have a red paint mark on them. The original ones had a white paint mark on them. I wish I would have measured ride height before the change.
They really boosted the buggy up and it rides better without the occasional bottoming out bang.

Rogerwh0

I ended up modifying the plow mount instead. I raised it up about 2" by taking out the bumper spacer and mounting it directly to the frame. That cured the height issue completely. Thanks for all the advice.

Attachments

• IMG_6707.jpg
    IMG_6707.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 82

Rogerwh0

I ended up modifying the plow mount instead. I raised it up about 2" by taking out the bumper spacer and mounting it directly to the frame. That cured the height issue completely. Thanks for all the advice.